South Carolina Gamecocks Bowl Game History (Wins, Appearances and All-Time Record)
Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the South Carolina Gamecocks. Here's everything you need to know about South Carolina's bowl history before making its next appearance.
South Carolina Bowl Game History
College football fans shouldn't be surprised to learn South Carolina has built a respectable bowl game history over the years. The Gamecocks have played in a total of 25 bowl games all-time.
South Carolina's first bowl appearance came in the 1946 Gator Bowl under head coach Rex Enright. The Gamecocks fell short in a 26-14 loss to Wake Forest and didn't earn their first bowl in until 49 years later. They took down the West Virginia Mountaineers 24-21 in the 1995 Carquest Bowl.
The Gamecocks' most recent bowl appearance came in the 2022 Gator Bowl against Notre Dame. SC fell to the Fighting Irish by a score of 45-38 in that one.
South Carolina Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
South Carolina owns a 10-15 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- Gator Bowl (Jan. 1, 1946): Wake Forest 26, South Carolina 14
- Peach Bowl (Dec. 30, 1969): West Virginia 14, South Carolina 3
- Tangerine Bowl (Dec. 20, 1975): Miami (OH) 20, South Carolina 7
- Hall of Fame Classic (Dec. 29, 1979): Missouri 24, South Carolina 14
- Gator Bowl (Dec. 29, 1980): Pittsburgh 37, South Carolina 9
- Gator Bowl (Dec. 28, 1984): Oklahoma State 21, South Carolina 14
- Gator Bowl (Dec. 31, 1987): LSU 30, South Carolina 13
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 28, 1988): Indiana 34, South Carolina 10
- Carquest Bowl (Jan. 2, 1995): South Carolina 24, West Virginia 21
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 1, 2001): South Carolina 24, Ohio State 7
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 1, 2002): South Carolina 31, Ohio State 28
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 30, 2005): Missouri 38, South Carolina 31
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 29, 2006): South Carolina 44, Houston 36
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 1, 2009): Iowa 31, South Carolina 10
- PapaJohns.com Bowl (Jan. 2, 2010): UConn 20, South Carolina 7
- Chick-fil-A Bowl (Dec. 31, 2010): Florida State 26, South Carolina 17
- Capital One Bowl (Jan. 2, 2012): South Carolina 30, Nebraska 13
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 1, 2013): South Carolina 33, Michigan 28
- Capital One Bowl (Jan. 1, 2014): South Carolina 34, Wisconsin 24
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 27, 2014): South Carolina 24, Miami 21
- Birmingham Bowl (Dec. 29, 2016): South Florida 46, South Carolina 39
- Outback Bowl (Jan. 1, 2018): South Carolina 26, Michigan 19
- Belk Bowl (Dec. 29, 2018): Virginia 28, South Carolina 0
- Duke's Mayo Bowl (Dec. 30, 2021): South Carolina 38, North Carolina 21
- Gator Bowl (Dec. 30, 2022): Notre Dame 45, South Carolina 38.
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.