Red Sox vs Royals Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 4
Thursday's slate in the MLB includes a matchup between the Boston Red Sox and the Kansas City Royals.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's everything you need to know.
Red Sox vs Royals Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (53-53) vs. Kansas City Royals (41-64)
- Date: Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium -- Kansas City, Missouri
Red Sox vs Royals Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-136) | KC: (+116)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+114) | KC: +1.5 (-137)
- Total: 9 -- Over: (-102) | Under: (-120)
Red Sox vs Royals Probable Starting Pitchers
The Boston Red Sox will give the start to Nick Pivetta (8-8, 4.47 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Kris Bubic (2-6, 5.45 ERA).
Red Sox vs Royals Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Red Sox win (52.8%)
Red Sox vs Royals Moneyline
- Kansas City is the underdog, +116 on the moneyline, while Boston is a -136 favorite despite being on the road.
Red Sox vs Royals Spread
- The Red Sox are at the Royals and are favored by 1.5 runs on the spread. The Red Sox are +114 to cover the runline, with the Royals being -137.
Red Sox vs Royals Over/Under
- The over/under for the Red Sox versus Royals game on August 4 has been set at 9, with -102 odds on the over and -120 odds on the under.
Red Sox vs Royals Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been favorites in 47 games this season and have come away with the win 27 times (57.4%) in those contests.
- This year, Boston has won 16 of 29 games when listed as at least -136 or better on the moneyline.
- Boston and their opponents have hit the over in 43 of their 101 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Royals have gone 25-46 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35.2% of those games).
- In games it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +116 or longer, Kansas City has a record of 18-37 (32.7%).
- Kansas City has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 94 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 46 of those games (46-44-4).