Raptors vs. Heat Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for November 16 (Max Strus Steps Up for Shorthanded Miami)
Raptors vs. Heat Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- Coverage: BSSUN and SportsNet
Wednesday's NBA slate includes a matchup between Eastern Conference foes in the Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat. Miami has rattled off three straight wins, most recently taking down the Phoenix Suns at the last second on Monday.
Toronto, meanwhile, is weathering through injury troubles. The Raptors were able to secure a 115-111 win over the Detroit Pistons in their last time out.
Raptors vs. Heat Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (+106) | TOR: (-124)
- Spread: MIA: +1.5 (-108) | TOR: -1.5 (-112)
- Total: 215.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Heat are slight underdogs in this matchup with several players sidelined, including Bam Adebayo. Toronto is -124 on the moneyline and favored by 1.5 points at home. The 215.5-point over/under is the lowest among tonight's matchups.
Raptors vs. Heat Betting Trends
- The Heat have covered the spread three times this season (3-10-1).
- The Raptors have covered the spread twice this season when underdogs by 1.5 points or more (in six chances).
- Heat games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- Raptors games this season have eclipsed the over/under seven times in 13 opportunities (53.8%).
- At home, Miami owns a worse record against the spread (2-7-1) compared to its ATS record in away games (1-3-0).
- Toronto's winning percentage against the spread at home is .500 (2-1-1). On the road, it is .333 (3-5-1).
Raptors vs. Heat Prediction & Pick
Both of these teams are seriously banged up. Miami is without starters Adebayo and Tyler Herro; Toronto is missing Pascal Siakam, plus Fred VanVleet and Gary Trent Jr. are questionable. With all this uncertainty, I'm going with the side that has the best player.
Jimmy Butler's been carrying this Heat squad, posting slightly better point (21.6), rebound (7.1) and assist (6.2) averages than last season. Miami also has some interesting depth pieces in Gabe Vincent and Max Strus that have shown they're capable of stepping up when called upon this season. With O.G. Anunoby and Scottie Barnes being far from scoring juggernauts, Toronto may struggle in this one.
Prediction: Heat 105 | Raptors 101
Raptors vs. Heat Best Bet
Max Strus' point total for tonight is criminally low at just 4.5. He's posted at least 5 points in 13 of 14 games this season, and he's averaging 14.7 PPG on the year, so it's not like he's struggling to put the ball through the basket. Strus has drawn the start in each of the past six games and should continue to do so with Herro out in this one. He's averaging a whopping 17.5 field goal attempts during this stretch, so he should clear this with ease.
Bet: Max Strus: Over 4.5 points (-115)
Isaiah De Los Santos is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Isaiah De Los Santos also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username zayyy05328. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.