Purdue vs Nebraska Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 13 (Boilermakers Best Cornhuskers Again at Mackey Arena)
Purdue vs Nebraska Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 3 Purdue (15-1, 4-1 Big Ten) vs. Nebraska (9-8, 2-4 Big Ten)
- Date: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Mackey Arena -- West Lafayette, Indiana
Friday, Jan. 13's NCAA basketball schedule includes Big Ten action between the No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers and the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Purdue has won back-to-back games since its first loss of the season, most recently defeating Penn State 76-63 on Sunday. Meanwhile, Nebraska has struggled to find consistency this season and enters tonight's game fresh off a 76-50 loss to Illinois three nights ago.
Can Purdue continue proving why it's one of the best teams in the nation? Or will Nebraska find a way to upset its Big Ten rival on the road?
Purdue vs Nebraska Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PURDUE: (-1600) | NEB: (+860)
- Spread: PURDUE: -14.5 (-115) | NEB: +14.5 (-105)
- Total: 132.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
Purdue enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 132.5 points with the under being favored at -114 odds.
Purdue vs Nebraska Betting Trends
- Purdue has covered the spread six times in 16 games.
- The Boilermakers have one win ATS (1-7) as a 14.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- There have been six Purdue's games (out of 16) that went over the total this year.
- Nebraska has covered the spread six times in 17 games.
- The Cornhuskers are yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 14.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Nebraska has seen three of its 17 games go over the point total.
|Purdue Rank||Purdue AVG||Nebraska AVG||Nebraska Rank|
Purdue vs Nebraska Prediction & Pick
Purdue is too good of a team to be upset by struggling Nebraska. The Boilermakers have a solid offense (75.9 PPG, T-No. 58) and are great at creating separation, proven by their plus-14.4 scoring margin (No. 7). The Cornhuskers' attack hasn't come close to looking that good, being held to fewer than 60 points in two of their last three games.
Nebraska also only shoots the ball worse on the road (42.2%) than it does at home (46.0%). Any misses will prove to be costly tonight considering how Purdue averages the sixth-most rebounds in the nation. The fact that the Cornhuskers average 13.1 turnovers per game (T-No. 197) should also result in the Boilermakers seeing more scoring opportunities.
With Purdue also winning seven straight home games against Nebraska, this is clearly the Boilermakers' game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Purdue: 78 | BYU 65
Purdue vs Nebraska Best Bet
Purdue has experienced a ton of recent success against Nebraska, winning eight of the last 10 head-to-head matchups. Having said that, I don't have much faith in the Boilermakers covering the 14.5-point spread.
Purdue is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games, 0-7 ATS in its last seven home outings and 2-10 ATS in its last 12 Big Ten contests. Furthermore, the Boilermakers only beat Nebraska by three points in their most recent meeting back in December.
Bet: Nebraska +14.5 (-105)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.