Pistons vs. Mavericks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 1 (Dallas Dominates in Road Win)
Pistons vs. Mavericks Game Info
- Date: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- Coverage: NBA TV, BSDET, and BSSW
The only NBA game on Thursday's slate is a cross-conference matchup between the Dallas Mavericks and Detroit Pistons.
The Mavericks check in at an even 10-10 after snapping their four-game losing streak with a 116-113 win over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday. They'll look to build off that victory in Detroit on Thursday against the lowly Pistons, who own the NBA's worst record at 5-18.
Pistons vs. Mavericks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DAL: (-330) | DET: (+265)
- Spread: DAL: -8 (-110) | DET: +8 (-110)
- Total: 221.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Not surprisingly, the Mavericks enter this game as heavy road favorites on the moneyline and the spread. The total is set at 221.5 points, which is slightly below average for an NBA game.
Pistons vs. Mavericks Betting Trends
- The Mavericks won 46 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 36 times.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 7 points or more, the Pistons went 31-20 last year.
- Mavericks games went over the point total 31 out of 82 times last season.
- Out of 82 Pistons games last year, 39 went over the total.
Pistons vs. Mavericks Prediction & Pick
Despite their recent rough stretch, the Mavericks are still the better team. They proved that by beating the defending NBA champions earlier this week, which would have been unthinkable for a team like the Pistons.
Detroit continues to slog along without Cade Cunningham (shin), ranking bottom 5 in both points per game and points allowed per game. The Pistons have lost three in a row overall and four straight at home, so they simply aren't a good basketball team.
Dallas, meanwhile, remains in the thick of things in the Western Conference and projects as a possible playoff team. The Mavericks are strong on both sides of the ball, ranking 11th in offensive rating and eighth in defensive rating.
Expect for Dallas to cruise here and win by double digits on the road.
Prediction: Mavericks 116 | Pistons 104
Pistons vs. Mavericks Best Bet
As mentioned, Dallas is clearly superior to Detroit on both sides of the ball. That will make it tough for the Pistons to stay competitive and keep this game close, ultimately enabling the Mavs to pull away in the second half and cover the spread.
Bet: Mavericks -8 (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.