Phillies vs Astros Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 30 (Expect Slugfest on Sunday Night Baseball)
In a rematch of last year's World Series, the Philadelphia Phillies and Houston Astros will square off on Sunday Night Baseball on April 30. Philadelphia goes for the series sweep after winning the first two games on Friday and Saturday, while Houston will try to bounce back with a win at home.
Astros vs Phillies Game Info
- Houston Astros (14-13) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (15-13)
- Date: Sunday, April 30, 2023
- Time: 7:10 p.m. ET
- Venue: Minute Maid Park -- Houston, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN
The Astros' bats will try to wake up after scoring just 1 run in each of their last three games. Meanwhile, the surging Phillies will look to stay hot after winning 10 of their last 13 games, including their last four in a row.
Astros vs Phillies Odds & Spread
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-152) | PHI: (+128)
- Spread: HOU: -1.5 (+130) | PHI: +1.5 (-156)
- Total: 9 -- Over: (+100) | Under: (-122)
Despite dropping the first two games of the series, the Astros are still favored on the spread and moneyline at FanDuel Sportsbook. Sunday night's matchup also has a projected total of 9 runs.
Astros vs Phillies Betting Trends
- The Astros have been chosen as favorites in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (43.8%) in those games.
- This season Houston has been victorious five times in 10 chances when named as a favorite of at least -152 on the moneyline.
- The Astros and their opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Phillies have been the underdog on the moneyline 11 total times this season. They've finished 5-6 in those games.
- When it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +128 or longer, Philadelphia has a record of 1-2 (33.3%).
- The Phillies have had an over/under set by bookmakers 28 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 12 of those games (12-15-1).
Astros vs Phillies Prediction & Pick
The Astros will send Jose Urquidy to the mound on Sunday as they look to salvage the series finale. The veteran righty is off to a slow start this season with a 5.64 ERA and a 1.75 WHIP over five outings with 30 hits allowed in 22 1/3 innings.
Fortunately for Urquidy, Houston's lineup should be able to give him some run support against Phillies lefty Bailey Falter. The third-year pitcher is also off to a shaky start with a 4.50 ERA and a 4.76 FIP over his first five appearances.
After tallying just 3 runs over their last three games combined, the Astros' offense is in a prime spot to bounce back tonight with its righty-heavy lineup going up against a middling southpaw. Expect Houston's right-handed bats such as Jose Abreu, Alex Bregman, Jeremy Pena and others to give Falter trouble.
Meanwhile, Urquidy should have better luck on the mound at home, where he's 11-7 with a 3.89 ERA, a 1.09 WHIP and a 4.3 K/BB ratio in 171 1/3 career innings.
This game should be high-scoring, but expect the Astros to come out on top.
Final Score Prediction: Astros: 7 | Phillies: 5
Astros vs Phillies Best Bet
With two struggling starting pitchers on the mound and tons of offensive talent on both sides, we should see plenty of fireworks tonight. Philly's lineup has been surprisingly potent without Bryce Harper and Rhys Hoskins, ranking third in MLB in batting average (.276) and fifth in OPS (.778). Houston had one of the best offenses in baseball last year and will start hitting eventually, so back the Over with plus odds at FanDuel.
Bet: Over 9 Total Runs (+100)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.