Petr Yan vs Sean O’Malley Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 280 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Yan vs O’Malley Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 280 — Main Card Bantamweight Bout
Petr "No Mercy" Yan (16-3-0, 7 KOs, 1 Submission) vs. "Suga" Sean O'Malley (15-1-0, 11 KOs, 1 Submission)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 22, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 2 p.m. ET.
Venue: Etihad Arena — Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Coverage: ESPN+, PPV
Yan vs O’Malley Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 280 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Petr Yan: (-265)
- Sean O'Malley: (+200)
Method of Victory:
- Yan by KO/TKO: (+360)
- Yan by Points: (-105)
- Yan by Submission: (+2000)
- O'Malley by KO/TKO: (+500)
- O'Malley by Points: (+460)
- O'Malley by Submission: (+3400)
Yan vs O’Malley Prediction
UFC 280 Yan-O'Malley prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Petr Yan (68%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (56%)
After winning 10 fights in a row, Petr Yan has picked up two losses in his last three outings. However, Yan still showed promise in both losses as one came by disqualification and the other by split decision — both against Aljamain Sterling. Needless to say, he's more than capable of bouncing back.
On the other hand, Sean O'Malley is as tough as they come. He's 5-1 in his last six fights with a no-contest mixed in there, scoring each of those wins by knockout. Unfortunately for O'Malley, Yan has never been knocked out in his eight-year MMA career.
As solid as O'Malley is, he still has a lot of learning to do. He might have the size advantage, but a lack of reliable takedown defense could spell out trouble here. I'm expecting this fight to be a close one that sees Yan win by decision (-105).
Yan vs O’Malley Betting Trends & Stats
- Petr Yan lost to Aljamain Sterling, by decision, in his last fight on Apr. 9, 2022.
- Sean O'Malley fought Pedro Munhoz to a no-contest in his last fight on July 2, 2022.
- Yan averages 5.45 significant strikes landed per minute with a 53% accuracy rate.
- O'Malley averages 7.75 significant strikes landed per minute with a 62% accuracy rate.
- Yan averages 3.88 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 61% defense rate.
- O'Malley averages 3.48 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 64% defense rate.
- Yan has a 90% takedown defense rate.
- O'Malley averages 0.54 takedowns per 15 minutes.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.