Pelicans vs. Spurs Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 22 (NOLA Dominates at Home)
Pelicans vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Coverage: BSNO and BSSW
The New Orleans Pelicans host the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday night in a Western Conference clash between two teams on opposite ends of the standings. The Pelicans are still third in the West at 18-12 despite losing four in a row, while the Spurs are 14th at 10-20 even after winning four of their last six games.
Can San Antonio stay hot with a road upset in New Orleans? Or will the Pelicans bounce back and snap their losing streak?
Pelicans vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NO: (-375) | SA: (+300)
- Spread: NO: -8.5 (-110) | SA: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 228 -- Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
Not surprisingly, the Pelicans are heavily favored at home on both the spread and the moneyline. This game also features a total of 228, which is about average compared to typical NBA games.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Pelicans won 42 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 40 times.
- The Spurs' ATS record as underdogs of 8.5 points or more was 8-3 last year.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total 33 times in Pelicans games.
- In 82 Spurs games last year, 39 of them went over the total.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
Yes, the Pelicans have lost four in a row (their longest skid of the season), but don't read too much into it. Three of those losses came on the road, and the fourth was against the formidable Milwaukee Bucks.
New Orleans has a much easier matchup tonight versus San Antonio, which is one of the worst teams in the league on both sides of the ball. The Spurs rank 29th in offensive rating and last in defensive rating, making this a perfect rebound opportunity for the Pelicans.
NOLA ranks sixth in both offensive and defensive rating, so it should be able to outclass San Antonio on both ends of the court. The Pelicans are also 12-4 at home while the Spurs are 5-8 on the road, so that should be a factor as well.
Look for New Orleans to get back on track and roll here.
Final Score Prediction: Pelicans: 118 | Spurs: 106
Pelicans vs. Spurs Best Bet
The Spurs are no strangers to getting blown out, as their last four losses have all been by double digits. That puts the Pelicans in a good position to cover the spread, especially given their obvious advantages on both offense and defense. I just don't see San Antonio keeping this game close on the road.
Bet: New Orleans Pelicans -8.5 (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.