Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 2 (Cowboys Stand Tall in Big 12 Showdown)
Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oklahoma State (8-5, 0-1 Big 12) vs. No. 24 West Virginia (10-3, 0-1 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena -- Stillwater, Oklahoma
Monday, Jan. 2's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a Big 12 rivalry clash between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and No. 24 West Virginia Mountaineers.
Oklahoma State enters this game looking to rebound from New Year's Eve's 69-67 loss to ranked Kansas. Meanwhile, West Virginia also picked up a loss over the weekend, falling 82-76 to Kansas State in overtime on Saturday.
Can Oklahoma State return to its winning ways tonight? Or will West Virginia get the better of its rival on the road?
Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKLAST: (-150) | WVU: (+122)
- Spread: OKLAST: -2.5 (-110) | WVU: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oklahoma State enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 139.5 points, which is around average compared to Monday's totals.
Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Betting Trends
- Oklahoma State has seven wins in 13 games against the spread this year.
- The Cowboys have an ATS record of 6-4 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been six Oklahoma State's games (out of 13) that went over the total this season.
- Against the spread, West Virginia is 7-5-0 this year.
- The Mountaineers have won once ATS (1-2) as a 1.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This season, 10 of West Virginia's 12 games have gone over the point total.
|Oklahoma State Rank||Oklahoma State AVG||West Virginia AVG||West Virginia Rank|
Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Prediction & Pick
West Virginia might be the only ranked team in this matchup, but I actually like Oklahoma State winning this one. The Cowboys have demonstrated some great defense this season, holding opponents to 62.1 PPG (No. 35) on 36.8% shooting (No. 8). They also force 13.4 turnovers (T-No. 148) and record 5.2 blocks per game (No. 21).
The Mountaineers have also struggled against their own conference, losing 15 of their last 18 games against Big 12 opponents. It doesn't help either that they're 1-3 straight up as underdogs this season while the Cowboys have won eight of 10 games as the favorite.
It's going to be a back-and-forth affair, but Oklahoma State's defense will be the deciding factor at the end of the day.
Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma State: 74 | West Virginia: 70
Oklahoma State vs West Virginia Best Bet
Covering a 2.5-point spread shouldn't be an issue for Oklahoma State at home. Not only have the Cowboys covered the spread in four of their last five games, but they're also 4-2 ATS in their last six Big 12 games. Furthermore, they've also covered the spread in three of their last four games against the Mountaineers, owning a plus-5.3 scoring margin in that span.
Considering how West Virginia is 2-4 ATS in its last six games this season, I'm even more confident to back Oklahoma State at -2.5 tonight.
Bet: Oklahoma State -2.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.