Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 21 (Cyclones' Defense Locks Down Cowboys)
Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oklahoma State (10-8, 2-4 Big 12) vs. No. 12 Iowa State (14-3, 5-1 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena -- Stillwater, Oklahoma
Big 12 action is slated for Saturday, Jan. 21 as the Oklahoma State Cowboys are set to host the No. 12 Iowa State Cyclones.
Oklahoma State has a pep in its step after Wednesday's 72-56 win over Oklahoma halted the Cowboys' losing streak at three games. At the same time, Iowa State is one of the hottest teams in the country. The Cyclones improved to 7-1 in their last eight games with a 78-67 win over then-No. 7 Texas on Tuesday.
Can Oklahoma State improve that its latest win wasn't just a fluke? Or will Iowa State bring its Big 12 rival back down to earth with another dominant performance?
Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKST: (-105) | ISU: (-114)
- Spread: OKST: +0.5 (-105) | ISU: -0.5 (-114)
- Total: 126.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Iowa State enters this contest as the slim road favorite on the moneyline while the spread is a pick 'em situation, per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 126.5 points with the over being favored at -115.
Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Oklahoma State is 9-9-0 this season.
- As 0.5-point favorites or more, the Cowboys are 8-4 against the spread.
- Oklahoma State has seen seven of its 18 games hit the over.
- Iowa State is 12-5-0 against the spread this season.
- As 0.5-point underdogs or more, the Cyclones are 6-2 against the spread.
- Out of Iowa State's 17 games so far this year, six have hit the over.
|Oklahoma State Rank||Oklahoma State AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Prediction & Pick
Even though the odds are close, I'm not too worried about Iowa State. The Cyclones have already defeated much stiffer competition than Oklahoma State, going 4-2 against ranked competition, which includes defeating two top-seven programs.
I also like the way that the Cyclones' defense has been playing. Iowa State only allows 58.5 PPG (No. 7) on 40.2 % shooting (No. 32) with 10.1 steals per contest (No. 6). Needless to say, I see that level of defense providing issues for an Oklahoma State team that has averaged only 58.3 points over the last four games.
Considering how Iowa State was also victorious in its most recent trip to Stillwater, OK less than a year ago, the Cyclones are in good shape to win this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa State: 70 | Oklahoam State: 65
Oklahoma State vs Iowa State Best Bet
As far as the best bet goes, I recommend going with Iowa State on either the moneyline or spread. After all, the odds are the same, either way.
For starters, Iowa State has won six of its last seven games and is 4-1 straight up in Big 12 competition thus far. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State has lost four of its six conference games thus far and has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last 11 home games against the Cowboys.
With Iowa State also having more momentum on its side, back the Cyclones to add to their win total.
Bet: Iowa State ML (-105) or Iowa State +0.5 (-105)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.