Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 29 (Buckeyes Blowout Bulldogs in Columbus)
Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Ohio State (8-3) vs. Alabama A&M (4-8)
- Date: Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Venue: Value City Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, Dec. 29's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a collision between the Ohio State Buckeyes and Alabama A&M Bulldogs.
Ohio State looked impressive in its last outing, picking up a 95-61 win over Maine back on Dec. 21, led by Brice Sensabaugh leading his team in points (19), rebounds (seven) and assists (seven). Meanwhile, Alabama A&M lost for the third time in its last four games with a 70-62 loss to Vanderbilt exactly one week ago.
Can Ohio State improve to 7-0 at Value City Arena this season? Or will Alabama A&M pick up its first road victory of the campaign?
Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OHIOST: (-30000) | AL A&M: (+4000)
- Spread: OHIOST: -27.5 (-114) | AL A&M: +27.5 (-106)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Ohio State enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points, which is slightly above average compared to Thursday's totals.
Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Betting Trends
- Ohio State's record against the spread is 5-6-0.
- The Buckeyes have won once ATS (1-2) as a 27.5-point favorite or more this year.
- Ohio State has seen seven of its 11 games hit the over.
- Against the spread, Alabama A&M is 6-3-0 this season.
- The Bulldogs have covered every time (1-0) as a 27.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This season, five of Alabama A&M's nine games have gone over the point total.
|Ohio State Rank||Ohio State AVG||Alabama A&M AVG||Alabama A&M Rank|
Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Prediction & Pick
There's no reason to believe that Alabama A&M can pull off an upset tonight. Ohio State scores an average of 80.9 points (No. 22) while allowing just 65.6 (No. 78). The Buckeyes also have a plus-12.5 scoring margin at home this season, whereas the Bulldogs have a minus-9.2 margin overall (17th-worst).
Ohio State will also cause some havoc in the paint, proven by its 40.4 rebounds per game (No. 19) compared to Alabama A&M's 32.0 RPG clip (T-No. 287). If this didn't look like enough of a mismatch, the Bulldogs have also lost 16 of their last 20 road games, as well as their most recent five outings against Big Ten opponents. Meanwhile, Ohio State has won six straight at home and just as many in a row against the SWAC.
There's no reason to overthink things in this game. Ohio State is going to win and it won't be close.
Final Score Prediction: Ohio State: 86 | Alabama A&M: 62
Ohio State vs Alabama A&M Best Bet
For the best bet, I'm siding with the total going over 145.5 points. After all, the over is 12-6 in Alabama A&M's last 18 games. Furthermore, the over has been hit in each of Ohio State's last five games, as well as in eight of its last 11 games played in December.
The Buckeyes' offense might have to do most of the heavy lifting, but look for a higher-than-expected total tonight.
Bet: Over 145.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.