Nuggets vs. Mavericks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 6 (Denver Edges Dallas)
Nuggets vs. Mavericks Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- Coverage: TNT and BSSW
The Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets are already meeting for the third time this season as the Nuggets host the Mavericks in Denver on Tuesday. The Western Conference foes split their first two matchups last month with Dallas winning a blowout and Denver earning a one-point victory.
The Mavericks have gone 3-4 since then but are coming off back-to-back wins over the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns. Meanwhile, the Nuggets have gone 4-3 but are looking to bounce back at home after consecutive road losses.
Nuggets vs. Mavericks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DEN: (-198) | DAL: (+166)
- Spread: DEN: -5 (-110) | DAL: +5 (-110)
- Total: 222.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nuggets enter this game as solid home favorites on both the moneyline and the spread. The total of 222.5 is right in the middle of the three games on Tuesday's NBA slate.
Nuggets vs. Mavericks Betting Trends
- The Nuggets have covered the spread 11 times this season (11-12-0).
- The Mavericks have been underdogs by 5 points or more two times this season and have not covered the spread once.
- Nuggets games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season.
- Mavericks games this year have gone over the total in 14 of 23 opportunities (60.9%).
- Denver has a better record against the spread at home (5-3-0) than it does on the road (6-9-0).
- Against the spread, Dallas has been better at home (4-8-1) than on the road (3-7-0).
Nuggets vs. Mavericks Prediction & Pick
The Mavericks have been hovering around .500 for much of the season but are on a bit of a hot streak right now after winning three of their last four. They'll need that momentum heading into Tuesday's road match, as Dallas is just 2-8 away from home this year.
The Nuggets, on the other hand, are still five games over .500 despite dropping their last two games. They've also been stellar at home this year, going 6-2 on their home court.
Both teams rank in the top 10 in offensive rating but are in the bottom half of the league in pace, so this is a pretty even matchup on paper. Dallas has a better defense, but I think Denver prevails in a tight one at home.
Final Score Prediction: Nuggets: 114 | Mavericks: 111
Nuggets vs. Mavericks Best Bet
As mentioned, this should be a close game and the Mavericks could very well steal this one on the road. They crushed the Nuggets in their first meeting this year and lost by just one point in the second, so they're more than capable of either winning again or taking this game down to the wire. Denver's defense will let Dallas hang around, so back the Mavs to cover.
Bet: Dallas Mavericks +5 (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.