New Mexico vs Boise State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 20 (Lobos' Attack Too Much for Broncos)
New Mexico vs Boise State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- New Mexico (17-2, 4-2 MWC) vs. Boise State (15-4, 5-1 MWC)
- Date: Friday, January 20, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: The Pit -- Albuquerque, New Mexico
Friday, Jan. 20's NCAA college basketball schedule features an exciting MWC matchup between the New Mexico Lobos and Boise State Broncos.
New Mexico enters tonight's action with a solid bit of momentum, winning for the third consecutive game with a 77-57 win over San Jose State on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Boise State is also on a strong run, defeating Nevada 77-62 three nights ago to extend its winning streak to five games.
Does New Mexico have another strong performance in store for fans at The Pit? Or will Boise State hand the Lobos their third loss of the season?
New Mexico vs Boise State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: N MEX: (-154) | BOISE: (+128)
- Spread: N MEX: -2.5 (-118) | BOISE: +2.5 (-104)
- Total: 146.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
New Mexico enters this contest as the slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
New Mexico vs Boise State Betting Trends
- New Mexico's record against the spread is 10-7-0.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, the Lobos are 8-7 against the spread.
- New Mexico has played 17 games this year, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Boise State's record against the spread is 12-6-0.
- The Broncos are 4-0 as 2.5-point underdogs or more.
- Out of Boise State's 18 games so far this season, eight have gone over the total.
|New Mexico Rank||New Mexico AVG||Boise State AVG||Boise State Rank|
New Mexico vs Boise State Prediction & Pick
Boise State has experienced success due to a strong defense that surrenders only 60.9 PPG (No. 16). While there's no denying the Broncos' talent, it's going to be hard to silence the juggernaut known as New Mexico's attack. After all, the Lobos average 80.8 PPG (No. 14) with 48.4% accuracy (No. 15).
Boise State's 69.3 PPG clip on the road also shows how the team will have issues keeping up with New Mexico. It also doesn't help that the Lobos have won 12 of their 13 games thus far and own a plus-14.4 scoring margin at The Pit, whereas the Broncos are a minus-2.4 in 10 all-time trips to Albuquerque.
Considering how the Lobos are 7-3 straight up in 10 home games against the Broncos, I see New Mexico continuing that success tonight.
Final Score Prediction: New Mexico: 73 | Michigan: 70
New Mexico vs Boise State Best Bet
A total of 146.5 points seems a bit too much for this MWC tilt. Five of the last seven New Mexico-Boise State matchups have hit the under, finishing with fewer than 146.5 points in each of the last four.
With the Lobos and Broncos finishing with fewer than 146.5 points in three of the last four games at The Pit, I'm even more confident that the under will be hit tonight.
Bet: Under 146.5 Points (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.