Nets vs. Raptors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 2 (Kevin Durant is Playing Like an MVP Right Now)
Nets vs. Raptors Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: YES and SportsNet
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with 11 more games, including a battle between the Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets. The Raptors fell short in a 126-108 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday. Guard Gary Trent Jr. logged a team-high 35 points on 12-of-20 shooting.
Meanwhile, the Nets came out on top in a 113-107 win over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday. Kevin Durant kept his recent run of success going with 39 points (13-of-20 shooting), 5 rebounds and 5 assists. The 12-time All-Star has now dropped at least 31 points in each of his last four games.
Nets vs. Raptors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BKN: (-126) | TOR: (+108)
- Spread: BKN: -1.5 (-110) | TOR: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 223.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 223.5 points, which is below average compared to the rest of Friday's projected totals.
Nets vs. Raptors Betting Trends
- The Nets have registered an 11-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Raptors have been underdogs by 2.5 points or more seven times this year and are 4-2-1 ATS in those games.
- This season, Nets games have hit the over eight times out of 19 chances.
- The Raptors have hit the over 47.4% of the time this season (nine of 19 games with a set point total).
- Brooklyn has done a better job covering the spread when playing on the road (6-5-0) than it has in home games (5-6-0).
- Toronto's winning percentage against the spread at home is .625 (5-2-1). On the road, it is .364 (4-6-1).
Nets vs. Raptors Prediction & Pick
As mentioned above, there's no stopping Durant right now. He is shooting an impressive 62.1% from the floor over the last four games and is taking over on the offensive end of the court. Keep in mind he averages 26.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game against the Raptors in his career.
These two teams have already met head-to-head twice this season and the Nets emerged victorious in both games. I wouldn't back a different result on Friday. Toronto is 1-5 straight up in its last six road games and is averaging just 109.8 points per game during that span. It's not getting the job done.
The Nets are also riding a five-game home winning streak, so I'll trust Durant to guide his team to victory.
Final Score Prediction: Nets: 112 | Raptors: 106
Nets vs. Raptors Best Bet
The Nets have relied on their offense to win games this season, but it's important to point out that their defense allows the fourth-fewest points in the pain per game (45.6). Forcing a Toronto team that shoots just 33.1% from beyond the arc (No. 25 in NBA) into contested jump shots would be huge.
Toronto is just 2-5 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games against Brooklyn, while the Nets are 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games overall. Durant is quickly gaining ground in the MVP race and has a chance to keep his squad squarely above the .500 mark. Don't expect him to waste that chance.
Bet: Brooklyn Nets -1.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.