Nets vs. Hornets Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 7 (Brooklyn Cruises to Victory at the Barclays Center)
Nets vs. Hornets Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: YES and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 11 more games, including a battle between the Charlotte Hornets and Brookyln Nets. The Hornets fell short in a 119-117 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday. They now enter the Barclays Center with a disappointing 3-9 record on the road.
Meanwhile, the Nets couldn't keep up in a 103-92 loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday. The defeat snapped a four-game winning streak for Brooklyn as it shot just 40.5% from the floor. All-Star Kevin Durant kept his recent string of success going with 31 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists, though.
Nets vs. Hornets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BKN: (-510) | CHA: (+390)
- Spread: BKN: -10 (-114) | CHA: +10 (-106)
- Total: 222.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 222.5 points, which is one of the lowest totals among Wednesday's slate.
Nets vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- The Nets have covered the spread 12 times over 24 games with a set spread.
- This year, the Hornets have an against-the-spread record of 3-2-1 in their six games as an underdog of 10 points or more.
- Nets games have gone over the total eight times out of 23 chances this season.
- Hornets games this season have gone over the point total 12 times in 23 opportunities (52.2%).
- Brooklyn has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered six times in 13 games when playing at home, and it has covered six times in 11 games on the road.
- Charlotte's winning percentage against the spread at home is .364 (4-7-0). Away, it is .500 (6-5-1).
Nets vs. Hornets Prediction & Pick
The Hornets are still trying to find their way without LaMelo Ball or Gordon Hayward available to play due to injuries. Terry Rozier and Kelly Oubre Jr. have successfully stepped into bigger roles, but the team checks in at 26th in points per game (109.3) and 20th in points allowed per game (115.1).
That bodes well for Brooklyn's chances of pulling away in the second half on Wednesday night. The Nets rank 13th in offensive efficiency this season and have a chance to make a big impact from the free throw line. Charlotte is averaging 21.3 personal fouls per road game, which ranks 21st in the NBA.
The Hornets have also lost nine of their last 10 games away from home, so I'll trust the Nets to win.
Final Score Prediction: Nets: 120 | Hornets: 106
Nets vs. Hornets Best Bet
When these teams met back in November, the Nets squeaked out a 98-84 win in Charlotte without Kyrie Irving available to play. Irving is back tonight and that is a notable boost considering the 30-year-old averages 22.6 points, 6.0 assists and 3.9 rebounds in 28 career games against the Hornets.
The Nets are 4-2 against the spread in their last six games against the Hornets. Four of their last five wins against head coach Steve Clifford's team have come by more than 10 points, too. Brooklyn has the star power on the court that Charlotte is desperately missing, which will make all the difference.
Bet: Brooklyn Nets -10
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.