Mets vs Marlins Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for March 30 (Mets Ace Wins Tough Battle)
MLB action on Thursday includes the New York Mets facing the Miami Marlins. The Mets will have ace Max Scherzer on the mound, while Miami will be starting the uber-talented Sandy Alcantara.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's everything you need to know.
Mets vs Marlins Game Info
- New York Mets (0-0) vs. Miami Marlins (0-0)
- Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Venue: LoanDepot park -- Miami, Florida
- Coverage: MLB Network
The Mets start off the 2023 season on the road, but with high hopes of winning a World Series after an offseason filled with spending, highlighted by the signing of starting pitcher Justin Verlander. The Marlins are trying to take a step up in 2023. Behind incumbent stars Jazz Chisholm and the starter in this game Sandy Alcantara, plus the acquisition of All-Star second baseman Luis Arraez, Miami should be able to make some noise in a very tough NL East this season.
Mets vs Marlins Odds & Spread
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYM: (-126) | MIA: (+108)
- Spread: NYM: -1.5 (+146) | MIA: +1.5 (-176)
- Total: 6.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
With two of the game's best pitches on the mound to kick off the 2023 season, this could be a low scoring ballgame. Despite being on the road, the Mets are still favored in this one, but not by much, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. A low over/under of 6.5 points to the quality of pitching expected in this one, even though both teams have talented bats in their lineups.
Mets vs Marlins Betting Trends
- The Mets won in 81, or 64.8%, of the 125 contests they were named as odds-on favorites in the last year.
- Last season New York came away with a win 71 times in 110 chances when named as a favorite of at least -126 or shorter on the moneyline.
- The Mets and their opponents hit the over in 89 of their 167 games with a total last season.
- The Marlins finished 31-65 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline last season (winning 32.3% of those games).
- When it played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +108 or longer last year, Miami went 25-54 (31.6%).
- The Marlins played in 161 games with an over/under set last season, and combined with their opponents to go over the total 69 times (69-84-8).
Mets vs Marlins Prediction & Pick
The Marlins made some significant upgrades to their roster this season after finishing in fourth place in the NL East in 2022. Alcantara himself was stellar, pitching to a 2.28 ERA across 32 starts for the Marlins. Max Scherzer was just as good with a 2.29 ERA.
I expect the veteran to come out firing on Opening Day. The Mets have a chance to win a World Series this year and Scherzer can start off the year with a bang by grabbing the win over a great pitcher opposite of him on the road.
Alcantara should still do a good job stifling the Mets' offense, but once New York gets to Miami's bullpen, they could put some crooked numbers on the board.
Prediction: Mets 4 | Marlins 2
Mets vs Marlins Best Bet
With props not available yet, we're left with limited choices on a best bet.
Despite the low total, we're still taking the under on this one. These are two of the best pitchers in all of baseball going up against one another, and I expect them to show why.
In the first game of the year, hitters still might be getting back in the swing of things, and neither lineup has had consistent work against pitchers this talented in Spring Training. I'm predicting it takes the bats a little while to wake up on Thursday.
Bet: Under 6.5 total runs (-110)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.