Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 14 (Doncic Puts Dallas Over the Top)
Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
- Coverage: BSSW and BSOH
The Cleveland Cavaliers wrap up their brief road trip to Texas with a game against the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday. The Cavaliers are coming off an embarrassing one-point loss to the San Antonio Spurs and will be out for revenge against the Mavericks, who are trying to stay above .500 after dropping two of their last three.
Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DAL: (-134) | CLE: (+114)
- Spread: DAL: -2.5 (-106) | CLE: +2.5 (-114)
- Total: 216 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Mavericks enter this game as slight home favorites on both the spread and the moneyline. This game also features a total of 216 points, which is by far the lowest on Wednesday's slate.
Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Mavericks covered 46 times in 82 chances against the spread last season.
- The Cavaliers had an ATS record of 21-18-2 as underdogs of 2 points or greater last year.
- Mavericks games hit the over 31 out of 82 times last season.
- In 82 Cavaliers games last year, 37 of them went over the total.
Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
This game is a battle between two of the better defenses in the league, which explains the low projected total. The Cavaliers are allowing the fewest points per game in the NBA and rank second in defensive rating, while the Mavericks are allowing the seventh-fewest points.
Dallas has the edge on offense, however, which isn't surprising given the presence of Luka Doncic. The Mavericks rank sixth in offensive rating, whereas the Cavaliers are 12th.
Both teams rank at the very bottom of the league in pace, with Dallas ranking 29th and Cleveland ranking 30th.
The deciding factor will likely be this game's location. The Mavericks are 11-4 at home this year and the Cavaliers are just 5-9 on the road. That gives Dallas an important edge in what should be a close, low-scoring game.
Final Score Prediction: Mavericks: 111 | Cavaliers: 108
Mavericks vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
The Cavs might be the better team, but they haven't played like it on the road, as we just saw in San Antonio. The Mavs have been very tough to beat at home, and I think Doncic does just enough to put them over the top.
Bet: Mavericks Moneyline (-134)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.