Maryland vs Minnesota Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 22 (Terrapins Exploit Golden Gophers' Weak Offense)
Maryland vs Minnesota Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Maryland (18-9, 9-7 Big Ten) vs. Minnesota (7-18, 1-14 Big Ten)
- Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Xfinity Center -- College Park, Maryland
- Coverage: BTN
The Minnesota Golden Gophers attempt to end their lengthy slump when they host the Big Ten rival Maryland Terrapins for some college basketball action on Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Minnesota's losing streak was extended to 10 consecutive games with Monday's 78-69 loss to Illinois. After winning back-to-back contests, Maryland fell 70-66 to Nebraska in overtime over the weekend, meaning the Terrapins will be out for revenge this evening.
Can Minnesota stop the bleeding before things get worse? Or will Maryland further add to the Golden Gophers' struggles?
Maryland vs Minnesota Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MD: (-2000) | MINN: (+980)
- Spread: MD: -14.5 (-120) | MINN: +14.5 (-102)
- Total: 129.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Maryland enters this contest as the massive home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 129.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Maryland vs Minnesota Betting Trends
- Maryland's record against the spread is 16-11-0.
- As 16.5-point favorites or more, the Terrapins are 3-3 against the spread.
- Maryland has played 27 games this season, and nine of them have hit the over.
- Against the spread, Minnesota is 12-13-0 this year.
- The Golden Gophers are yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 16.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Minnesota has played 25 games this season, and nine of them have gone over the total.
|Maryland Rank||Maryland AVG||Minnesota AVG||Minnesota Rank|
Maryland vs Minnesota Prediction & Pick
There's little reason to like Minnesota amidst its 10-game skid. The team's offense has been the definition of uninspiring over that stretch, generating just 56.8 PPG while being outscored by an average of 16.6 points. Now, the Golden Gophers must try to win on the road, where they average a lowly 61.1 PPG.
Unfortunately, I don't see Minnesota's luck reversing tonight. Maryland has one of the best defenses in all of college basketball, surrendering just 62.7 PPG on 41.7% shooting. The Terrapins have also won 14 of their 15 games at Xfinity Center so far this season, which includes a perfect 8-0 record in Big Ten competition.
Taking into account that Maryland also has eight straight victories over Minnesota, I'm confident that the Terrapins will get the job done at home.
Final Score Prediction: Maryland: 77 | Minnesota: 60
Maryland vs Minnesota Best Bet
Covering the spread has been an issue for Minnesota whenever Maryland is involved. The Golden Gophers are an abysmal 0-7-1 ATS in their last eight meetings with their Big Ten rival. On top of that, they've failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven trips to Xfinity Center.
Meanwhile, the Terrapins are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games as well as 7-1 ATS against conference opponents at home this season. With Minnesota's losing skid showing no signs of ending, I see Maryland winning in a big manner.
Bet: Maryland -14.5 (-120)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.