Magic vs. Pistons Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 23 (Orlando Emerges Victorious in Low-Scoring Game)
Magic vs. Pistons Game Info
- Date: Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- Coverage: BSFL and BSDETX
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Thursday with nine more games, including a battle between the Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic. The Pistons rank last in the Eastern Conference with a 15-44 record, while the Magic check in 13th with a 24-35 record. This should be a hard-fought showdown.
Detroit enters as a loser in five of its last six games following a 127-109 loss to the Boston Celtics on Feb. 15. Meanwhile, Orlando has dropped three of its last five games thanks to a 123-113 loss to the Toronto Raptors on Feb. 14. Which Eastern Conference squad will bounce back with a win tonight?
Magic vs. Pistons Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ORL: (-290) | DET: (+235)
- Spread: ORL: -7 (-110) | DET: +7 (-110)
- Total: 228.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Magic enter this contest as considerable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 228.5 points, which is below average compared to Thursday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Magic vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- The Magic have covered the spread 32 times over 55 games with a set spread.
- The Pistons are 16-14-2 ATS when underdogs by 7 points or more this season.
- Games involving the Magic have hit the over 27 times out of 56 chances this season.
- Pistons games this year have gone over the total in 30 of 56 opportunities (53.6%).
- Orlando has done a better job covering the spread at home (17-10-0) than it has in road games (15-11-2).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Detroit has a lower winning percentage at home (.393, 11-15-2 record) than away (.536, 15-13-0).
Magic vs. Pistons Prediction & Pick
The Pistons are gauging what they have on the roster for next season and beyond at this point, so expect to see more playing time for new guys like James Wiseman and less playing time for veterans like Alec Burks. After all, landing the No. 1 overall draft pick would be great for the Detroit franchise.
The Magic still have something to fight for as they sit 4.0 games back of the final play-in spot in the East. Rookie of the Year candidate Paolo Banchero leads the way with 19.9 points per game on an Orlando offense that shoots 48.6% from the floor at home (No. 8 in NBA). That'll get the job done.
Orlando has won eight of its last 11 home games against Detroit, so trust the Magic on Thursday.
Final Score Prediction: Magic: 115 | Pistons: 110
Magic vs. Pistons Best Bet
While both the Magic and Pistons trot out subpar defenses, they both also rank outside the top 20 when it comes to points per game and outside the top 15 when it comes to shooting percentage. Seeing an outstanding offensive performance from either side on Thursday would be surprising.
The total has hit the under in five of Orlando's last six games overall as well as in six of Detroit's last nine games overall. Not only that, but the under has also cashed in six of Orlando's last seven games against an Eastern Conference foe. Missed shots and sloppy play will help the total stay under here.
Bet: Under 228.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.