Louisiana vs South Alabama Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for Sun Belt Championship (Rajin' Cajuns Punch Their Ticket)
Louisiana vs South Alabama Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Sun Belt Tournament Championship
- Louisiana (25-7, 13-5 Sun Belt) vs. South Alabama (19-15, 9-9 Sun Belt)
- Date: Monday, March 6, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Pensacola Bay Center -- Pensacola, Florida
- Coverage: ESPN2
A spot in the NCAA Tournament is up for grabs when South Alabama takes on Louisiana in the Sun Belt Championship. South Alabama picked apart Southern Miss (78-61 score) and James Madison (75-66 score) to get to this point. Owen White has tallied a team-high 40 points during that span.
Meanwhile, Louisiana took care of business in a 67-59 win over Georgia Southern and in a 64-58 win over Texas State to reach the championship game. Jordan Brown has led the way with 34 points and 19 rebounds across those contests. Which Sun Belt squad will earn the conference title on Monday?
Louisiana vs South Alabama Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ULL: (-115) | S ALA: (-104)
- Spread: ULL: -1.5 (-104) | S ALA: +1.5 (-118)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Louisiana enters this contest as a slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 139.5 points, which is about average compared to Monday's projected totals.
Louisiana vs South Alabama Betting Trends
- Louisiana has 16 wins in 29 games against the spread this year.
- The Ragin' Cajuns have an ATS record of 15-8 as 0.5-point favorites or more.
- Louisiana has played 29 games this season, and 18 of them have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, South Alabama is 21-11-0 this year.
- The Jaguars' ATS record as 0.5-point underdogs or greater is 9-5.
- This season, 17 of South Alabama's 32 games have gone over the point total.
|Louisiana Rank||Louisiana AVG||South Alabama AVG||South Alabama Rank|
Louisiana vs South Alabama Prediction & Pick
South Alabama represents what March is all about. They entered the Sun Belt Tournament as the No. 8 seed, but have put together back-to-back upset wins and now have a shot to be in March Madness. The last hurdle for the Jaguars to overcome is taking down a rival they have lost to twice this season.
Don't overlook the Rajin' Cajuns, though. They are the No. 2 seed for a reason and enter this game with huge edges. Louisiana ranks 55th in offensive rebounds per game (9.9) and 27th in assists per game (15.6) this season. South Alabama ranks 337th (5.9) and 300th (11.3) in those categories.
Louisiana has won eight of its last 12 games against South Alabama, so trust the Rajin' Cajuns.
Final Score Prediction: Louisiana: 71 | South Alabama: 67
Louisiana vs South Alabama Best Bet
Louisiana enters Monday having won 15 of its last 18 games against a Sun Belt opponent as well as five of its last six games overall. The door is open for the Rajin' Cajuns to rack up putbacks and create second-chance opportunities on the boards, while also finding the open man with elite passing skills.
South Alabama has been on a tear, but this is still a team that is 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games against Louisiana. The Jaguars' latest loss to Louisiana came by 10 points not even two weeks ago (Feb. 24). Their miracle run comes to an end here as the Rajin' Cajuns punch their ticket.
Bet: Louisiana Rajin' Cajuns ML (-115)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.