Lakers vs. Warriors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 5 (Golden State Earns Sixth Straight Victory)
Lakers vs. Warriors Game Info
- Date: Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: ABC
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with 10 more games, including a battle between the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers. The Warriors rank fifth in the Western Conference with a 34-30 record, while the Lakers check in 11th with a 30-34 record. This lines up as a mismatch.
Golden State enters on a five-game winning streak that includes a 108-99 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday. Meanwhile, Los Angeles has won four of its last six games but fell short in a 110-102 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday.
Which playoff hopeful will win on Sunday? Let's dig in.
Lakers vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAL: (+176) | GSW: (-210)
- Spread: LAL: +5.5 (-1114) | GSW: -5.5 (-106)
- Total: 235.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 235.5 points, which ranks as the highest of Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Lakers vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Warriors have covered the spread 31 times over 63 games with a set spread.
- The Lakers have an ATS record of 9-16-1 in their 26 games when underdogs by 5 points or more this season.
- Warriors games have gone over the total 34 times out of 62 chances this season.
- Lakers games this year have gone over the total in 31 of 62 opportunities (50%).
- Against the spread, Golden State has performed better at home, covering 22 times in 34 home games, and nine times in 29 road games.
- Los Angeles has been better against the spread at home (14-14-1) than away (15-17-1) this year.
Lakers vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
The Warriors continue to rise in the Western Conference standings as they have been winning games without Stephen Curry on the court. Curry is listed as probable for tonight's game and is expected to make his return from a nasty leg injury. That's a huge boost as he is averaging 29.4 points per game.
Golden State is averaging 118.2 points per game (No. 2 in NBA) on a shooting percentage of 47.6% (No. 13 in NBA) this season. It should be able to keep that success going as the Lakers allow 117.8 points per game (No. 25 in NBA). LA won't be able to keep up without leading scorer LeBron James.
LA has lost 16 of its last 20 games against a Pacific Division opponent, so fade the Lakers on Sunday.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 114 | Warriors: 124
Lakers vs. Warriors Best Bet
Not only have the Warriors won each of their last five games outright, but they are also 5-0 against the spread (ATS) during that span. Golden State has held its opponents to an average of 20.8 fourth-quarter points in that stretch and four of the five wins have come by a margin of at least nine points.
The Lakers are 7-13 ATS in their last 20 games played in March and have a glaring weakness down low. LA allows 52.6 points in the paint per game (No. 23 in NBA). Look for players like Kevon Looney and Draymond Green to assert their presence in order to help shooters get open on the perimeter.
Bet: Golden State Warriors -5.5 (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.