Lakers vs. Grizzlies Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 20 (Memphis Sets Franchise Record in High-Scoring Win)
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Game Info
- Date: Friday, January 20, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: ESPN, SportsNet LA, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with nine more games, including a battle between the Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers. The Grizzlies rank second in the Western Conference with a 31-13 record, while the Lakers check in 13th with a 20-25 record. This should be an exciting game.
Memphis enters on an 11-game winning streak and most recently took down the Cleveland Cavaliers by a score of 115-114 on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Los Angeles has lost four of its last five games after falling short in a 116-111 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday. Which team will win tonight?
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAL: (+220) | MEM: (-270)
- Spread: LAL: +7 (-110) | MEM: -7 (-110)
- Total: 243.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Grizzlies enter this contest as clear road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 243.5 points, which ranks as the highest of Friday's projected totals.
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Betting Trends
- The Grizzlies have gone 22-20-1 against the spread this season.
- The Lakers have an against the spread record of 3-9-1 in their 13 games as an underdog of 7 points or more this year.
- Games involving the Grizzlies have hit the over 22 times this season.
- Lakers games this season have hit the over on 24 of 43 set point totals (55.8%).
- Memphis has done a better job covering the spread at home (14-8-0) than it has in road tilts (8-12-1).
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has been better at home (10-10-1) than away (9-12-1).
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Prediction & Pick
There's no NBA team hotter than the Grizzlies right now. Memphis has matched a franchise record with its 11-game winning streak and is now only half a game back of the Denver Nuggets for the top spot in the Western Conference. Momentum is on the Grizzlies' side heading to Crypto.com Arena.
This win streak isn't just a fluke, either. Memphis ranks among the top 10 teams in both offensive and defensive efficiency, which goes to show how balanced the roster is. Facing a Lakers team that allows 114.8 points per home game (No. 22 in NBA) doesn't exactly line up as a tough task for the Grizzlies.
LA has lost six of its last eight games against a Western Conference opponent, so fade the Lakers.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 121 | Grizzlies: 127
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Best Bet
There's more than one reason the total in this game ranks as the highest total on Friday's NBA slate. Memphis plays at the fastest pace in the league, while LA comes in just behind at second. Each side is also averaging over 116.5 points per game and shooting over 47.0% from the floor on the season.
The total has hit the over in seven of the Grizzlies' last eight games overall as well as in eight of their last 11 away games against the Lakers. LeBron James and Ja Morant are obviously the headliners in this matchup, but there are efficient scorers all over the court. Trust a shootout to break out here.
Bet: Over 243.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.