Knicks vs. Warriors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 20 (New York Exploits Injury-Plagued Golden State)
Knicks vs. Warriors Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: TNT and NBCS-BA
Five matchups are on the NBA's Tuesday, Dec. 20 schedule, including a big tilt at Madison Square Garden between the New York Knicks (17-13) and Golden State Warriors (15-16).
The Knicks are beginning to look like a real threat, grabbing their seventh straight win with a 108-106 effort against the Indiana Pacers on Sunday. They weren't the only team victorious that night as the Warriors beat the Raptors, 126-110, ending a three-game drought for Golden State in the process.
Do the Knicks have another impressive performance in store for the MSG faithful? Or will the Warriors prove that their last win was no fluke and that a momentum shift is coming?
Knicks vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYK: (-220) | GS: (+184)
- Spread: NYK: -5.5 (-110) | GS: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 221.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Knicks enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 221.5 points, which is the lowest of Tuesday's projected totals.
Knicks vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Knicks have covered the spread in a game 15 times this season (15-13-1).
- This season, the Warriors have an ATS record of 3-1 in their four games as an underdog of 4.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Knicks have hit the over 13 times out of 30 chances this season.
- Warriors games this year have hit the over 56.7% of the time (17 out of 30 games with a set point total).
- New York has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered five times in 14 games when playing at home, and it has covered 10 times in 15 games when playing on the road.
- Golden State has been better against the spread at home (10-4-0) than on the road (4-12-0) this season.
Knicks vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
The Warriors have been hard to get a read on this season and things will be tougher now that Stephen Curry is sidelined for the foreseeable future. Golden State is 25-67 (27.2%) in the 92 games that the two-time NBA MVP has missed since the beginning of 2021. That includes losing four of the five games that Curry has already missed this season.
Fortunately for the Knicks, Andrew Wiggins will also be out again for the Warriors, while Donte DiVincenzo and Jonathan Kuminga are both questionable. Needless to say, New York would be in a prime position to take advantage of these injuries after averaging 98.3 points against with a plus-14.4 scoring margin during its win streak.
Throw in the fact that the Warriors are just 3-14 straight up on the road this season and it's even easier to back the Knicks winning at Madison Square Garden, where they've won three straight games.
Final Score Prediction: Knicks: 113 | Warriors: 104
Knicks vs. Warriors Best Bet
I predict that the Warriors will have a hard time keeping things close tonight. They're being outscored by an average of 10.2 points in the games that Curry has missed this season, including three losses by at least three possessions. Furthermore, they've only covered the spread in four of their 17 road games thus far.
Meanwhile, the Knicks are 7-0 against the spread in their last seven outings and own a plus-11.3 scoring margin in their last three games (fifth-best). With the Warriors being without Curry and, potentially, other key players, I'm taking New York covering the spread.
Bet: Knicks -6 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.