Kings vs. Nuggets Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 28 (Denver Prevents Sacramento From Lighting the Beam)
Kings vs. Nuggets Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- Coverage: NBA TV, NBCS-CA, and ALT
Eight NBA matchups are slated for Wednesday, Dec. 28, including a tilt at Golden 1 Center between the Sacramento Kings (17-15) and Denver Nuggets (22-11).
This is the second game in as many nights between these two teams in Sacramento. The Nuggets beat the Kings, 113-106, on Tuesday, led by Michael Porter Jr.'s game-high 30 points while Nikola Jokic was his usual self, recording 20 points, nine rebounds and 11 assists.
Can the Kings avoid losing back-to-back games to Denver? Or do the Nuggets have what it takes to win their sixth consecutive game?
Kings vs. Nuggets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DEN: (-134) | SAC: (+114)
- Spread: DEN: -2.5 (-110) | SAC: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 236.5 -- Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
The Nuggets enter this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236.5 points, which is the highest of Wednesday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kings vs. Nuggets Betting Trends
- The Nuggets have covered the spread 16 times in 33 games with a set spread.
- So far this year, the Kings have been installed as underdogs by a 3-point margin or more 13 times and are 8-5 ATS in those games.
- Nuggets games have gone over the total 15 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Kings have hit the over 45.2% of the time this season (14 of 31 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Denver has played better at home, covering eight times in 15 home games, and eight times in 18 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Sacramento has a lower winning percentage at home (.562, 9-7-0 record) than away (.667, 10-5-0).
Kings vs. Nuggets Prediction & Pick
Fantastic ball movement was one of the keys behind the Nuggets' latest win, tallying 34 assists to the Kings' 20. That's par for the course for the Nuggets, who rank second in the NBA with 28.5 assists per game. I see that trend continuing tonight as Sacramento allows the 12th-most assists (25.0) while generating the 10th-fewest turnovers at home (14.5).
I also like the Nuggets more due to how dominant they've been during their winning streak. They're averaging 117 points with a plus-8.2 scoring margin over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Kings have lost three of their last four home games, getting outscored by an average of 3.3 points.
After coming from behind to beat the Kings on Tuesday, I see the Nuggets winning again tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Nuggets: 120 | Kings: 116
Kings vs. Nuggets Best Bet
I'm backing the under as the best bet in this game. Going over 236.5 points is a lot to ask from two teams that played less than 24 hours ago. On top of that, the total has gone under in five of the Nuggets' last six games, as well as in eight of Sacramento's last 12.
Five of the last six Kings-Nuggets matchups have fallen short of 236.5 points — including each of the last three. With history on the under's side, back the total finishing below 236.5 points.
Bet: Under 236.5 (-112)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.