Kansas vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 21 (Jayhawks Get Back on Track in Big 12 Showdown)
Kansas vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 2 Kansas (16-2, 5-1 Big 12) vs. No. 14 TCU (14-4, 3-3 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: Allen Fieldhouse -- Lawrence, Kansas
Saturday, Jan. 21's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a massive Big 12 showdown between the No. 2 Kansas Jayhawks and No. 14 TCU Horned Frogs.
Kansas enters this action following its second loss of the 2022-23 season, falling 83-82 to ranked Kansas State in overtime on Tuesday. Meanwhile, TCU has hit its own rough match, picking up a 74-65 loss to West Virginia earlier this week, marking the Horned Frogs' third loss in their last four outings.
Can Kansas prove that its latest loss was just a fluke? Or will TCU snap out of its funk at the Jayhawks' expense?
Kansas vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KANSAS: (-345) | TCU: (+265)
- Spread: KANSAS: -7.5 (-110) | TCU: +7.5 (-110)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Kansas enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points, which is above average compared to Saturday's totals.
Kansas vs TCU Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Kansas is 7-11-0 this year.
- The Jayhawks have two wins ATS (2-9) as a 7.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- This season, 10 of Kansas' 18 games have hit the over.
- Against the spread, TCU is 10-8-0 this season.
- The Horned Frogs are yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 7.5-point underdog or more this season.
- This season, 11 of TCU's 18 games have hit the over.
|Kansas Rank||Kansas AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Kansas vs TCU Prediction & Pick
There isn't much to like about TCU after its most recent four outings. Those struggles were highlighted in the Horned Frogs' loss to West Virginia as they were heavily out-rebounded (31-18). Now, they must take on the Jayhawks, who average 37.6 rebounds per game (No. 58).
Kansas has also been excellent at Allen Fieldhouse this season, going 10-0 while averaging 79.3 PPG with a plus-15.6 scoring margin. On the other hand, TCU is just 1-2 on the road with a 74.9 PPG clip while being a minus-6.5 in its last two road games. Furthermore, the Horned Frogs have also dropped 12 straight road games to the Jayhawks.
At the end of the day, Kansas has been playing better basketball lately and will get back on track this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas: 77 | TCU: 71
Kansas vs TCU Best Bet
Although this is Kansas' game to lose, I have my eyes on TCU when it comes to the spread. The Jayhawks have been tough to trust in that regard, going 2-5 ATS in its last seven games while failing to cover the spread in each of the last three.
Meanwhile, TCU is 9-3-1 ATS in its last 13 games and has covered the spread in four of its last six meetings with the Jayhawks. Kansas will still win this game, but the Horned Frogs will make it interesting.
Bet: TCU +7.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.