Kansas State vs Texas Tech Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 21 (Wildcats Add to Reeling Red Raiders' Woes)
Kansas State vs Texas Tech Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 13 Kansas State (16-2, 5-1 Big 12) vs. Texas Tech (10-8, 0-6 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Bramlage Coliseum -- Manhattan, Kansas
Saturday, Jan. 21's NCAA college basketball schedule is jam-packed. It includes an exciting Big 12 get-together between the No. 13 Kansas State Wildcats and Texas Tech Red Raiders at Bramlage Coliseum.
After TCU handed Kansas State its second loss of the 2022-23 campaign, the Wildcats responded with a hard-fought 83-82 overtime win over ranked Kansas on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Texas Tech hasn't tasted victory since Dec. 27, extending its losing streak to six games with an 81-74 loss to No. 21 Baylor earlier this week.
Does Kansas State have what it takes to start up another winning streak this afternoon? Or will Texas Tech finally put its skid to bed on the road?
Kansas State vs Texas Tech Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KSU: (-178) | TTU: (+146)
- Spread: KSU: -3.5 (-115) | TTU: +3.5 (-105)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Kansas State enters this contest as the slim home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points with both sides set at -110.
Kansas State vs Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Kansas State is 12-6-0 this season.
- The Wildcats' ATS record as 4.5-point favorites or more is 8-3.
- There have been 11 Kansas State's games (out of 18) that hit the over this season.
- Texas Tech is 7-11-0 against the spread this year.
- As a 4.5-point underdog or greater, the Red Raiders have two wins ATS (2-1).
- Texas Tech has played 18 games this season, and 11 of them have hit the over.
|Kansas State Rank||Kansas State AVG||Texas Tech AVG||Texas Tech Rank|
Kansas State vs Texas Tech Prediction & Pick
Texas Tech doesn't pose a threat to Kansas State this afternoon. The Red Raiders have looked horrible during their losing streak, averaging 65.0 PPG with a minus-9.5 scoring margin. On top of that, they're winless in Big 12 competition (0-6) and have lost each of their three road games thus far.
Meanwhile, Kansas State is a perfect 10-0 at Bramlage Coliseum, where it 77.0 PPG with a plus-15.8 margin. The Wildcats have also won 10 of their last 13 home games against the Red Raiders, holding the latter to 60 or fewer points in eight of those contests.
Considering how Texas Tech is also 0-5 as the underdog this season, Kansas State isn't in any danger of losing today.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas State: 75 | Texas Tech: 69
Kansas State vs Texas Tech Best Bet
Backing Kansas State on the spread is the best bet for this game. While the Wildcats are 5-1 ATS in their last six outings, the Red Raiders are 1-4 ATS in their last five. Kansas State has also covered the spread in five of its six Big 12 contests thus far, whereas Texas Tech is 2-9-1 ATS in its last 12 against the conference.
With Texas Tech also failing to cover the spread in each of its last five meetings with Kansas State, the Wildcats have no excuse not to cover the 3.5-point spread.
Bet: Kansas State -3.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.