Jazz vs. Wizards Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 22 (Utah Defends Home Court)
Jazz vs. Wizards Game Info
- Date: Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: NBA TV, SportsNet RM, and NBCS-DC+
The second game of Thurday's NBA doubleheader features the Utah Jazz hosting the Washington Wizards. The Jazz have struggled to get in a rhythm since their hot start but are still two games above .500 at 18-16, whereas the Wizards recently snapped their 10-game losing streak with a win over the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.
Will Washington be able to build off that surprise victory? Or will the Wiz return to their losing ways?
Jazz vs. Wizards Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UTA: (-245) | WAS: (+200)
- Spread: UTA: -6.5 (-106) | WAS: +6.5 (-114)
- Total: 230.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Jazz enter this contest as solid home favorites against the Wizards on both the moneyline and the spread. This game also features a relatively high total of 230.5 points.
Jazz vs. Wizards Betting Trends
- The Jazz have put together a 19-13-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Wizards have been underdogs by 7 points or more six times this season and have covered the spread twice.
- Games involving the Jazz have hit the over 18 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Wizards have hit the over 43.3% of the time this year (13 of 30 games with a set point total).
- Utah has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered nine times in 16 games when playing at home, and it has covered 10 times in 17 games on the road.
- Washington's winning percentage against the spread at home is .357 (5-8-1). Away, it is .438 (7-9-0).
Jazz vs. Wizards Prediction & Pick
The Jazz have completely lost their mojo since their 10-3 start, going just 8-13 since then. Perhaps they've started to right the ship after winning three of their last five, however, which could continue with a fairly easy home matchup on Thursday.
Utah still boasts one of the best offenses in the league, ranking fourth in both points per game and offensive rating. The defense leaves something to be desired, however, posting the fifth-worst defensive rating so far.
The Wizards aren't much better defensively (21st in defensive rating) and are far worse offensively, however, placing 23rd in offensive rating. The team's issues on both sides of the ball explain why Washington has also collapsed after a strong start, going 2-13 over its past 15 games.
Both of these teams are in a bit of a rut right now, but the Jazz are well-positioned to win at home, where they're 11-5 this year. The Wizards are just 4-13 away from home and have dropped 10 of their last 11 road games, so Utah should win fairly easily.
Final Score Prediction: Jazz: 120 | Wizards: 112
Jazz vs. Wizards Best Bet
Not only are the Jazz the better team, but the Wizards simply aren't playing well right now. Five of their last six losses have been by at least seven points, so it's hard to see them keeping up with Utah's superior offense and covering the spread on the road.
Bet: Utah Jazz -6.5 (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.