Jazz vs. Kings Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 3 (Utah Bounces Back in Crucial Home Victory)
Jazz vs. Kings Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: SportsNet RM and NBCS-CA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with three more games, including a battle between the Sacramento Kings and Utah Jazz. The Kings rank fifth in the Western Conference with a 19-16 record, while the Jazz check in 10th with an 19-20 record. This contest could truly go either way.
Sacramento enters as a loser in four of its last seven games after falling short in a 118-108 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday. Meanwhile, Utah is in the midst of a four-game losing streak after suffering a 126-123 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday. Which team will bounce back on Tuesday?
Jazz vs. Kings Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UTAH: (-154) | SAC (+130)
- Spread: UTAH: -3 (-110) | SAC: +3 (-110)
- Total: 242.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Jazz enter this contest as small home favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 242.5 points, which ranks as the highest of Tuesday's projected totals.
Jazz vs. Kings Betting Trends
- The Jazz have registered a 21-16-1 record against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Kings have been installed as underdogs by a 2.5-point margin or more 16 times and are 9-7 ATS in those contests.
- This season, Jazz games have hit the over 21 times out of 34 chances.
- The Kings have eclipsed the over/under 47.1% of the time this season (16 of 34 games with a set point total).
- At home, Utah has a better record against the spread (10-7-1) compared to its ATS record in road games (11-9-0).
- This season, Sacramento is 9-9-0 at home against the spread (.500 winning percentage). Away, it is 10-6-0 ATS (.625).
Jazz vs. Kings Prediction & Pick
These teams last met on Friday night as the Kings squeaked out a 126-125 victory on their home court. It was a close contest considering none of the four quarters were decided by more than 3 points. Lauri Markkanen dropped 36 points for Utah, while Kevin Huerter dropped 30 for Sacramento.
I expect the Jazz to bounce back in front of their fans. Utah averages a great 121.5 points per home game (No. 3 in NBA) on a 49.0% shooting percentage (No. 8 in NBA). It also thrives from three-point range (39.4%), which should come in handy against a Kings defense that struggles to contest shots.
Utah is 6-0 straight up in its last six home games against Sacramento, so give me the Jazz here.
Final Score Prediction: Jazz: 124 | Kings: 117
Jazz vs. Kings Best Bet
Sacramento enters this game on a brutal stretch. The Kings are 0-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last five games and 0-4-1 ATS in their last five games against a Northwest Division opponent. They are also 1-7-1 ATS in their last nine games against the Jazz, dating back to the 2019-20 NBA season.
On the other side, Utah has posted an average scoring margin of +5.3 at home this season and is 4-2 ATS in its last six games against a Western Conference opponent. The Jazz cannot keep falling down in the standings if they want any shot at making the playoffs. This is the perfect time to bounce back.
Bet: Utah Jazz -3 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.