Iowa vs Michigan Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 12 (Hawkeyes Outgun Wolverines in Big Ten Duel)
Iowa vs Michigan Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Iowa (10-6, 2-3 Big Ten) vs. Michigan (9-6, 3-1 Big Ten)
- Date: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena -- Iowa City, Iowa
Thursday, Jan. 12's NCAA college basketball lineup includes a Big Ten clash between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Michigan Wolverines.
After a brief losing streak, Iowa has won back-to-back outings, most recently winning 76-65 win against Rutgers behind Payton Sandfort's game-high 22 points off the bench. Meanwhile, Michigan stumbles into tonight's action after its offense was nowhere to be found in Saturday's 59-53 loss to Michigan State.
Can Iowa extend its winning ways to three games at Carver-Hawkeye Arena? Or will Michigan stand tall on the road?
Iowa vs Michigan Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: IOWA: (-240) | MICH: (+195)
- Spread: IOWA: -5.5 (-102) | MICH: +5.5 (-120)
- Total: 155.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Iowa enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 155.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Iowa vs Michigan Betting Trends
- Iowa's record against the spread is 9-7-0.
- The Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 5-4 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- This season, eight of Iowa's 16 games have hit the over.
- Michigan's record against the spread is 8-7-0.
- The Wolverines have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 4.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Michigan has played 15 games this season, and eight of them have gone over the total.
|Iowa Rank||Iowa AVG||Michigan AVG||Michigan Rank|
Iowa vs Michigan Prediction & Pick
Iowa's offense has been a joy to watch this season. On top of scoring 81.4 PPG (T-No. 13), the Hawkeyes also average the 17th-most assists in the nation (16.9). In fact, it was their impressive ball movement that led to their sinking 12 three-pointers against Rutgers. Fortunately for Iowa, Michigan's perimeter defense isn't special, surrendering 7.1 threes (T-No. 169) on 31.7% shooting (No. 88).
It's also tough to trust Michigan when the team is shooting 44.6% from the floor (No. 129) and only hit 34.5% of its shots against Michigan State. The Hawkeyes will make the Wolverines pay for any missed shots, made evident by the former's 39.3 rebounds per game (No. 23).
Until Michigan's offense can show up more consistently, I don't see the Wolverines hanging with Iowa.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa: 83 | Michigan: 77
Iowa vs Michigan Best Bet
With Iowa and Michigan averaging a combined 156.3 PPG this season, I'm expecting some fireworks tonight. On top of the over being hit in six of their last seven games, the Hawkeyes have seen the projected total surpassed in four of their last five Big Ten clashes.
The over is also 4-1 in Michigan's last five road games, as well as being 9-2 in the last 11 Hawkeyes-Wolverines clashes. In other words, expect more points than expected as both schools seek to improve their Big Ten rankings,
Bet: Over 155.5 Points (-105)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.