Heat vs. Pistons Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 6 (Buckets, Buckets and More Buckets at FTX Arena)
Heat vs. Pistons Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: FTX Arena -- Miami, Florida
- Coverage: BSSUN and BSDETX
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with three more games, including a battle between the Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat. The 5-19 Pistons hit the road after going 1-3 on their most recent homestand, while the 11-13 Heat are looking to get one game closer to .500 with a win at home tonight.
Heat vs. Pistons Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (-295) | DET: (+240)
- Spread: MIA: -7 (-110) | DET: +7 (-110)
- Total: 220 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Heat enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 220 points, which is the lowest on Tuesday's slate.
Heat vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- The Heat have registered an 8-15-1 record against the spread this season.
- So far this season, the Pistons have been installed as underdogs by a 9-point margin or more 10 times and are 7-2-1 ATS in those games.
- Games involving the Heat have hit the over 12 times out of 25 chances this season.
- Pistons games this year have hit the over on 15 of 25 set point totals (60%).
- Against the spread, Miami has played worse when playing at home, covering three times in 12 home games, and five times in 12 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Detroit has a lower winning percentage at home (.500, 6-4-2 record) than away (.538, 7-6-0).
Heat vs. Pistons Prediction & Pick
The Heat are playing on a back-to-back tonight, which makes the status of players like Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro far from locked in. Miami could use a win here after dropping two of its last three, however, so look for head coach Erik Spoelstra to make the best with what he's got.
The Pistons rank 29th in defensive efficiency and are allowing 118.6 points per away game this season (No. 26 in NBA). The team is still stuck in a rebuild and attempting to form an identity. That has resulted in some sloppy play, too, as Detroit averages 23.0 personal fouls per game (No. 30 in NBA).
Miami is 5-1 straight up in its last six home games against Detroit, so I'll back the Heat.
Final Score Prediction: Heat: 115 | Pistons: 110
Heat vs. Pistons Best Bet
All five Heat starters played in at least 34 minutes on Monday night, so backing Miami to cover a 7-point spread is a lot to ask. Bettors looking to get in on the action should shift their attention to the point total instead, as both of these teams have been involved in a ton of high-scoring games as of late.
The total has hit the over in six of Detroit's last nine games as well as in each of Miami's last six home games. The over has cashed in 13 of the last 20 games between the Heat and Pistons as well. Each team is giving up at least 117.0 points per game over their last three contests, so the over is the play.
Bet: Over 220 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.