Heat vs. Bulls Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 20 (Miami Stays Red-Hot in Trip to Windy City)
Heat vs. Bulls Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: FTX Arena -- Miami, Florida
- Coverage: BSSUN and NBCS-CHI
Five NBA matchups are lined up for the Tuesday, Dec. 20 schedule, including an Eastern Conference meeting between the Miami Heat (16-15) and Chicago Bulls (11-18).
Winners of four straight games, the Heat kept the momentum running with a 111-101 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday. Meanwhile, Sunday's 150-126 blowout loss to the Timberwolves marked the Bulls' fourth consecutive defeat.
Can the Heat continue their winning ways at FTX Arena? Or is it finally time for the Bulls to live up to their potential?
Heat vs. Bulls Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (-172) | CHI: (+144)
- Spread: MIA: -4 (-110) | CHI: +4 (-110)
- Total: 222.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Heat enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 223 points, which is second-lowest of Tuesday's projected totals.
Heat vs. Bulls Betting Trends
- The Heat have put together an 11-19-1 record against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Bulls have been installed as underdogs by a 5-point margin or more seven times and are 5-2 ATS in those contests.
- This season, 15 of the Heat's games have gone over the point total out of 28 chances.
- Bulls games this season have gone over the point total 12 times in 28 opportunities (42.9%).
- Against the spread, Miami has fared worse at home, covering three times in 15 home games, and eight times in 16 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Chicago has a better winning percentage at home (.462, 6-7-0 record) than on the road (.400, 6-8-1).
Heat vs. Bulls Prediction & Pick
The Bulls have been playing some uninspiring basketball, allowing an average of 128.8 points with a minus-14 scoring margin over their last four games. They've lost by more than 20 points in each of their last two outings as well, allowing opponents to shoot 52.5% from the field and 51.9% from three-point range in those losses.
While the Heat haven't been beating up on the 'who's who' during their winning streak, they've still held opponents to just 99.8 PPG over that stretch. Furthermore, they have some extra incentive to win this matchup after the Bulls won the first meeting of the season, 116-108, back in October.
At the end of the day, Miami is the better team at the moment. Chicago looks directionless, its players aren't on the same page and the team could be heading for a rebuild before we know it.
Back the Heat to pick up the victory at home.
Final Score Prediction: Heat: 115 | Bulls: 109
Heat vs. Bulls Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I'm sticking with the total going over 223 points. The total has gone over in four of the Heat's last five games, as well as eight of Miami's last nine at home. The offense is also ramped up whenever the two sides face each other, proven by the over being 6-1 in the last seven Miami-Chicago collisions.
After the Heat and Bulls combined for 224 points just two months ago, I predict that the over will be hit yet again.
Bet: Over 223 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.