Hawks vs. Bucks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 11 (Milwaukee Controls the Boards in Road Victory)
Hawks vs. Bucks Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- Coverage: ESPN, BSSE, and BSWI
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with eight more games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and Milwaukee Bucks. The Hawks rank ninth in the Eastern Conference with a 19-21 record, while the Bucks check in third with a 26-14 record. This should be a good one.
Atlanta enters as a loser in five of its last seven games, but did take down the Los Angeles Clippers by a score of 112-108 on Sunday. Meanwhile, Milwaukee has now won three of its last four games following its 111-107 victory over the New York Knicks on Monday. Which team will win tonight?
Hawks vs. Bucks Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ATL: (+114) | MIL: (-134)
- Spread: ATL: +2.5 (-110) | MIL: -2.5 (-110)
- Total: 236 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Bucks enter this contest as small road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236 points, which is above average when compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Hawks vs. Bucks Betting Trends
- The Bucks are 20-17-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Hawks have been installed as underdogs by a 1.5-point margin or more 14 times and are 8-6 ATS in those games.
- Bucks games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 20 times out of 37 chances this season.
- Hawks games this season have hit the over 22 times in 37 opportunities (59.5%).
- Against the spread, Milwaukee has played better when playing at home, covering 14 times in 21 home games, and six times in 17 road games.
- Atlanta has performed better against the spread on the road (8-11-0) than at home (7-11-0) this season.
Hawks vs. Bucks Prediction & Pick
These squads enter Wednesday with completely opposite momentums. The Hawks have fallen below the .500 mark and are fighting to stay in the Eastern Conference playoff race, while the Bucks are sitting pretty and aiming to take over the top spot sooner rather than later. That makes a difference.
Milwaukee has a shot to pull away in this game given the rebounding advantage it possesses. Atlanta is without its top rebounder in Clint Capela and ranks 26th in total rebounding rate (48.3%). The Bucks rank second in total rebounding rate (52.8%) and sixth in offensive rebounds per game (12.3).
Milwaukee is also 9-4 straight up in its last 13 games against the Southeast division, so I'll side with the Bucks.
Final Score Prediction: Hawks: 114 | Bucks: 121
Hawks vs. Bucks Best Bet
Seeing the Bucks listed as only a 2.5-point favorite with Giannis Antetokounmpo healthy is surprising. The Hawks are only 2-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last seven home games and 16-23-1 ATS on the season. Milwaukee is 21-17-2 ATS on the year and a reliable 4-2 ATS in its last six games overall.
Atlanta is going to have a hard time figuring out how to beat this Bucks defense. It's a defense that allows an opponent shooting percentage of just 45.1% from the floor (No. 2 in NBA) and 34.4% from three-point range (No. 6 in NBA). Look for Milwaukee to take advantage of its size on Wednesday.
Bet: Milwaukee Bucks -2.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.