Grizzlies vs. Spurs Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 9 (Memphis Destroys San Antonio, Extends Win Streak)
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Monday, January 9, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- Coverage: BSSE and BSSW
The surging Memphis Grizzlies (26-13) will play host to the slumping San Antonio Spurs (13-27) in one of the six NBA matchups scheduled for Monday, Jan. 9.
Winning has become second nature to the Grizzlies, who picked up their sixth straight victory with a 123-118 win over the Utah Jazz on Sunday. Meanwhile, the Spurs fell 121-116 to the Boston Celtics on Saturday, marking the fifth time in the last seven days that San Antonio has come up short.
Do the Grizzlies have what it takes to extend their winning streak yet again? Or will the Spurs break out of their funk in a trip to FedExForum?
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SAS: (+385) | MEM: (-500)
- Spread: SAS: +11 (-114) | MEM: -11 (-106)
- Total: 238 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Grizzlies enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 238 points, which is one of the highest of Monday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Grizzlies have covered the spread 20 times this season (20-17-1).
- This year, the Spurs have two ATS wins in four games as an underdog of 11 points or more.
- Grizzlies games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times out of 39 chances this season.
- Spurs games this year have gone over the total in 23 of 39 opportunities (59%).
- When playing at home, Memphis owns a better record against the spread (13-5-0) compared to its ATS record on the road (7-12-1).
- Against the spread, San Antonio has been better at home (12-10-0) than on the road (6-11-0).
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
The Grizzlies have been beating up on the Spurs for quite some time now, winning each of the last eight meetings between these two teams. San Antonio hasn't beaten Memphis since December 2020, losing each of the last eight clashes by an average of 11.1 points.
The Spurs' offense also tends to disappear when facing the Grizzlies on the road, averaging just 102 points in their last three trips to FedExForum. Considering how the Spurs allow the second-most points (121.9 PPG) with the worst road scoring margin (minus-11.1) and the Grizzlies own the seventh-best home offense (118.6 PPG), I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.
The Grizzlies are the clear-cut better team and shouldn't have any issues winning tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Grizzlies: 129 | Spurs: 114
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Best Bet
After these two teams combined for 246 points in their first 2022-23 meeting, I have my eyes on the over again. After all, the over has been hit in 10 of the Spurs' last 11 games, as well as in each of their last seven on the road. Furthermore, the over is 3-0 in the Grizzlies' last three games — a stretch where Memphis has averaged 125.7 PPG — third best in the NBA.
With the Spurs also averaging 117.0 points in their last three outings, surpassing 238 points is more than a realistic goal.
Bet: Over 238 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.