Gonzaga vs BYU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 12 (Bulldogs Continue Dominance Over Cougars)
Gonzaga vs BYU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 8 Gonzaga (14-3, 3-0 WCC) vs. BYU (13-6, 3-1 WCC)
- Date: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: Marriott Center -- Provo, Utah
Two strong WCC schools go head-to-head on Thursday, Jan. 12 as the No. 8 Gonzaga Bulldogs pay a visit to the BYU Cougars at 9:30 p.m. ET.
Gonzaga enters tonight's game following Saturday's 81-76 victory over Santa Clara, extending the Bulldogs' win streak to nine games in the process. Meanwhile, BYU bounced back from its latest loss with a 68-48 win against San Diego over the weekend.
Can Gonzaga win again to extend its streak to double digits? Or will BYU figure out a way to overcome its rival?
Gonzaga vs BYU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GONZ: (-275) | BYU: (+220)
- Spread: GONZ: -6.5 (-110) | BYU: +6.5 (-110)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Gonzaga enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 153.5 points, which is higher than the majority of Thursday's totals.
Gonzaga vs BYU Betting Trends
- Gonzaga has five wins in 16 games against the spread this year.
- The Bulldogs' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 3-9.
- Out of 16 Gonzaga's games so far this year, nine have gone over the total.
- BYU is 8-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars are unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Out of BYU's 17 games so far this year, seven have hit the over.
|Gonzaga Rank||Gonzaga AVG||BYU AVG||BYU Rank|
Gonzaga vs BYU Prediction & Pick
Gonzaga's offense has been absolutely lethal this campaign, averaging 83.8 PPG (No. 5) on 50.5% shooting (No. 4). Although BYU's offense hasn't been horrible overall (71.7 PPG, No. 136), the Cougars have been held to a 66.0 PPG clip over their last five games. If that trend continues, it's hard to imagine BYU picking up the victory.
Furthermore, the Bulldogs are 14-2 straight up in their last 16 games against the Cougars, winning each of the last five clashes between the WCC rivals. Considering how Gonzaga owns a plus-19.4 scoring margin in those five contests, I like the odds of Mark Few's team winning its 15th game of the season even more.
Final Score Prediction: Gonzaga: 83 | BYU 75
Gonzaga vs BYU Best Bet
After Gonzaga has blown BYU out more often than not in recent years, I'm looking at the Bulldogs to cover the spread tonight. Gonzaga is 6-2-2 ATS in its last 10 games against BYU, whereas the Cougars are 1-5 ATS in their last six games in January, as well as 2-4 ATS in its last six home games on a Thursday.
After blowing out BYU by 33 points less than a year ago, I see another big win in Gonzaga's near future.
Bet: Gonzaga -6.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.