Creighton vs Xavier Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 Big East Tournament (Expect High-Scoring Game in NYC)
Creighton vs Xavier Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big East Tournament Game
- No. 24 Creighton (21-11, 14-6 Big East) vs. No. 15 Xavier (24-8, 15-5 Big East)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
The Big East Tournament continues on Friday with a great matchup between the Creighton Bluejays and Xavier Musketeers. Neither one of these programs has ever won a Big East conference title. The winner of this semifinal matchup will advance to face the winner of the UConn vs Marquette game.
Creighton enters as a victor in 12 of its last 15 games following an 87-74 win over Villanova in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Xavier has now won five of its last six games thanks to an 89-84 victory over DePaul on Thursday.
Which Big East squad will advance to the championship game with a win? Let's do some digging to find out.
Creighton vs Xavier Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CREIGH: (-166) | XAVIER: (+138)
- Spread: CREIGH: -3.5 (-110) | XAVIER: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 152.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Creighton enters this contest as a small favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 152.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Creighton vs Xavier Betting Trends
- Creighton has covered the spread 16 times in 32 games.
- The Bluejays are 12-11 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- This year, 16 of Creighton's 32 games have gone over the point total.
- Against the spread, Xavier is 17-15-0 this season.
- The Musketeers' ATS record as 3.5-point underdogs or more is 5-2.
- Xavier has played 32 games this year, and 21 of them have hit the over.
|Creighton Rank||Creighton AVG||Xavier AVG||Xavier Rank|
Creighton vs Xavier Prediction & Pick
Both Xavier and Creighton embody what it means to play team basketball. The Musketeers rank first in assists per game (19.7), while the Bluejays check in not too far behind at 19th (16.0). Both of these teams also rank among the top 40 in terms of offensive efficiency and rebounds per game.
When two teams line up similarly on the offensive end, diving into the defensive statistics is worth a shot. Xavier is allowing 74.8 points per game (No. 284 in NCAA) and only forcing 12.1 turnovers per game (No. 198 in NCAA). That is exactly the kind of defense Creighton has been exposing as of late.
Creighton has won 15 of its last 18 games as a favorite, so back the Bluejays in the semifinals.
Final Score Prediction: Creighton: 80 | Xavier: 77
Creighton vs Xavier Best Bet
There's no overstating how well these offenses have been playing. Xavier is averaging 85.6 points over its last four games, while Creighton is averaging 90.0 points over its last three games. Each team is also giving up more than 68.5 points over its last five games, so the over lines up as a solid option.
The total has hit the over in four of the Bluejays' last five games as well as in four of the Musketeers' last five games. The over has also cashed in each of Xavier's last six games played in March. Keep in mind that the two regular-season meetings between these teams ended with 177 and 151 total points as well.
Bet: Over 152.5 Total Points (-115)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.