Cornell vs Pennsylvania Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 6 (Ivy League Showdown Sees No Shortage of Points)
Cornell vs Pennsylvania Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Cornell (11-3, 1-0 Ivy League) vs. Pennsylvania (8-7, 1-0 Ivy League)
- Date: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Newman Arena -- Ithaca, New York
Friday, Jan. 6's NCAA college basketball schedule includes an Ivy League matchup between the Cornell Big Red and Pennsylvania Quakers.
Cornell has been playing some solid basketball lately, winning their fourth straight game with a 74-63 effort against Dartmouth on Sunday. Meanwhile, Pennsylvania enters this tilt on a three-game winning streak, defeating Brown 76-68 on Monday thanks to a game-high 31 points from Clark Slajchert.
Which of these Ivy League rivals will continue their winning ways when the dust settles tonight?
Cornell vs Pennsylvania Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CORN: (-170) | PENN: (+140)
- Spread: CORN: -3.5 (-108) | PENN: +3.5 (-112)
- Total: 154.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Cornell enters this contest as the slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 154.5 points, which is higher than the majority of Friday's totals.
Cornell vs Pennsylvania Betting Trends
- Cornell's record against the spread is 9-2-0.
- The Big Red are 5-1 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been six Cornell's games (out of 11) that hit the over this year.
- Pennsylvania's record against the spread is 8-6-0.
- The Quakers' ATS record as 3.5-point underdogs or more is 4-3.
- This year, nine of Pennsylvania's 14 games have gone over the point total.
|Cornell Rank||Cornell AVG||Pennsylvania AVG||Pennsylvania Rank|
Cornell vs Pennsylvania Prediction & Pick
Cornell has proven to own one of the best offenses in the nation, averaging 81.6 points this season (No. 14) while scoring at least 86 points in three of the last four games. Another reason why the Big Red's offense has been successful is due to their smooth ball movement, highlighted by their 19.0 assists per game (No. 4).
I don't see Pennsylvania slowing down Cornell's ball movement tonight. The Quakers surrender 13.2 assists (T-No. 214) while forcing the 10th-fewest turnovers (9.8) per game in the nation. Opponents are also shooting 42.7% from the field (No. 139) and 33.6% from three-point range (No. 191) against Penn, so I don't see Cornell's offense having many issues.
With the Big Red going 7-0 as the favorite and the Quakers losing five of their seven games as the underdog this season, I'm even more confident that Cornell wins tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Cornell: 82 | Pennsylvania: 77
Cornell vs Pennsylvania Best Bet
Those who love a lot of points will want to tune into this game. For starters, Cornell and Penn are averaging a combined 154.5 PPG this season. On top of that, the over is 5-2 in the Big Red's last seven games while being 7-3 in the Quakers' last 10 road outings.
Considering how conference matchups tend to bring out the best in both sides, I see the total going over 154.5 points tonight.
Bet: Under 154.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.