Clippers vs. Pistons Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for November 17 (Detroit's Struggles Continue Out West)
Clippers vs. Pistons Game Info
- Date: Thursday, November 17, 2022
- Time: 10:30 PM ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: BSDETX and BSSC
The 8-7 Los Angeles Clippers welcome the 3-12 Detroit Pistons to town with open arms on Thursday. The Pistons are tied with the Houston Rockets for the worst record in the NBA and have lost four in a row as they kick off a six-game road trip.
Meanwhile, the Clippers have started to turn things around after a bumpy start, winning six of their last nine games. They'll look to keep that momentum going against a Detroit team that is still winless (0-7) on the road this year.
Clippers vs. Pistons Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAC: (-450) | DET: (+350)
- Spread: LAC: -9 (-112) | DET: +9 (-108)
- Total: 217 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Not surprisingly, Los Angeles enters this game as heavy favorites on the spread and moneyline. The Clippers are nearly double-digit favorites on the spread (-9) even though this game has the lowest projected total of Thursday's three-game slate.
Clippers vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- The Clippers won 38 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 44 times.
- As 9-point underdogs or more, the Pistons went 20-14 against the spread last season.
- Last season, 40 Clippers games hit the over.
- Out of 82 Pistons games last season, 39 hit the over.
Clippers vs. Pistons Prediction & Pick
It's tough to have much faith in the Pistons here, who have been equally bad on both sides of the ball. They're giving up the third-most points per game (118.2) and scoring the third-fewest (108.5), which isn't a recipe for success.
The Clippers have actually been even worse on offense, rankings 29th in offensive rating and dead last in scoring (104.9 PPG). Thankfully for them their defense has been outstanding, ranking second in defensive rating and allowing the fourth-fewest points per game (106.9).
Detroit has a -15.1 average point differential in road games this year, so it's tough to trust the Pistons here. Bank on Los Angeles prevailing at home in a low-scoring affair.
Prediction: Clippers 109 | Pistons 102
Clippers vs. Pistons Best Bet
As mentioned, both offenses have been brutal this year. The Clippers also have a stout defense and rank 21st in pace, setting the stage for an ugly, low-scoring game.
Even with the total set relatively low at 217, we don't think either side will score enough to hit the over, especially since both teams are struggling from beyond the arc.
Bet: Under 217 points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.