Clippers vs. Suns Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 15 (Phoenix Finally Rights Ship)
Clippers vs. Suns Game Info
- Date: Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: NBA TV, BSAZ, and BSSC
This Western Conference showdown features two teams going in opposite directions. The injury-plagued Phoenix Suns have lost five straight, while the surging Los Angeles Clippers have won three in a row and are finally getting healthy.
Can the Suns salvage their abysmal road trip with a win? Or will the Clips earn their first four-game winning streak of the season?
Clippers vs. Suns Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAC: (-122) | PHO: (+104)
- Spread: LAC: -2 (-108) | PHO: +2 (-112)
- Total: 217 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Clippers enter this game as slight home favorites on both the spread and moneyline. This contest also features a total of 217.5 points, which is the lowest total on Thursday's four-game slate.
Clippers vs. Suns Betting Trends
- The Clippers have covered the spread 15 times over 30 games with a set spread.
- The Suns have been underdogs by 2 points or more four times this season and have covered the spread twice.
- Clippers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Suns have hit the over 48.1% of the time this year (13 of 27 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has performed worse when playing at home, covering seven times in 15 home games, and eight times in 15 road games.
- Phoenix's winning percentage against the spread at home is .600 (9-6-0). On the road, it is .417 (5-7-0).
Clippers vs. Suns Prediction & Pick
Phoenix's five-game skid is due to a combination of injuries and a tough schedule. The Suns lost to three likely playoff teams in the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks and New Orleans Pelicans (twice), plus they were extremely shorthanded against the Houston Rockets without Devin Booker and an early exit by Deandre Ayton.
Thankfully for Phoenix, Booker and Ayton are both listed as questionable for Thursday, meaning both have a chance to play. If just one of them suits up, that will give Chris Paul some much-needed help and this Suns team a fighting chance.
The Clippers have been playing great lately now that Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are back, but this could be a tough game for them on the second night of a back-to-back. LA's offense has also been the worst in the league this year, ranking dead-last in scoring at 107.6 points per game. Those struggles will likely continue against Phoenix, which is giving up the 10th-fewest points per game at 111.3.
The Suns are too good to lose six in a row and get swept on a four-game road trip. Look for the return of Booker and/or Ayton to give them a spark tonight and push them pass the Clips.
Final Score Prediction: Suns: 107 | Clippers: 104
Clippers vs. Suns Best Bet
This game should be close and low-scoring, as both of these teams feature strong defenses and rank bottom 10 in terms of pace. That will also hold true if Booker and/or Ayton are absent or limited.
The total for this game is already pretty low at 217.5, but Phoenix went under that in its most recent game and Los Angeles went below that in its last two contests. Trust the defenses and take the under here.
Bet: Under 217.5 Total Points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.