Clemson vs Morehead State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 15 NIT Game (Tigers Crush Eagles on Home Court)
Clemson vs Morehead State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA NIT Game
- Clemson (23-10) vs. Morehead State (21-11)
- Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum -- Clemson, South Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN+
The 2023 NIT continues on Wednesday with a great first-round matchup between the Morehead State Eagles and Clemson Tigers. Morehead State fell short of making the NCAA Tournament with a 21-11 record (14-4 conference), while Clemson did not make the field with a 23-10 record (14-6 conference).
Clemson vs Morehead State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CLEM: (-2000) | MOREST: (+980)
- Spread: CLEM: -15.5 (-110) | MOREST: +15.5 (-110)
- Total: 137.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Clemson enters this contest as a substantial favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points, which is below average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Clemson vs Morehead State Betting Trends
- Clemson's record against the spread is 16-17-0.
- The Tigers don't have a win ATS (0-3) as a 15.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- Clemson has played 33 games this year, and 21 of them have hit the over.
- Morehead State is 15-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Eagles are winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs this season.
- This year, 11 of Morehead State's 26 games have gone over the point total.
|Clemson Rank||Clemson AVG||Morehead State AVG||Morehead State Rank|
Clemson vs Morehead State Prediction & Pick
Clemson was listed as one of the First Four out when it came to the tournament field and a loss to Louisville late in the season is likely to blame for that. The Tigers do have a few impressive wins on their resume, though, as they took down Duke, defeated Penn State and beat NC State three times.
Morehead State's best wins all came within its conference as the Eagles lost to Indiana by 35 and were beaten down by West Virginia, 75-57. Clemson is playing on its home court in this one, where it owns a dazzling 15-1 record and a +14.3 average scoring margin. The choice is clear.
Morehead State has lost nine straight games against ACC opponents, so fade the Eagles here.
Final Score Prediction: Clemson: 79 | Morehead State: 58
Clemson vs Morehead State Best Bet
Clemson enters Wednesday night with a few key edges, but its biggest one comes from beyond the arc. The Tigers rank 36th in three-point shooting percentage (36.9%) and average 10.3 made three-pointers over the last three games. Meanwhile, Morehead State logs just 6.9 made three-pointers per away game.
Head coach Brad Brownell's team is 9-6-1 against the spread (ATS) at home and 5-1 ATS in its last six games in March. The Tigers have a chance to put their fans back in a positive mood with a blowout win against an Eagles squad that ranks outside the top 175 in offensive and defensive efficiency.
Bet: Clemson Tigers -15.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.