Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 15 NIT Tournament Game (Bearcats Thrive at Home)
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Game Info
- 2022-23 NIT Tournament Game
- Cincinnati (21-12) vs. Virginia Tech (19-14)
- Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Fifth Third Arena -- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Coverage: ESPN2
The first round of the 2022-23 NIT Tournament sees the Cincinnati Bearcats going head-to-head with the Virginia Tech Hokies on Wednesday, March 15.
Cincinnati has something to prove after suffering an embarrassing 69-48 loss to Houston in the AAC Tournament semifinals. On the other side, Virginia Tech also suffered a blowout loss in its latest outing, falling 97-77 to NC State in ACC Tournament second-round action.
Which program has what it takes to advance to the next stage?
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CINCY: (-225) | VT: (+184)
- Spread: CINCY: -5.5 (-110) | VT: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 151.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Cincinnati enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 151.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Cincinnati is 21-11-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Bearcats are 12-5.
- Cincinnati has played 32 games this season, and 17 of them have gone over the total.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread 14 times in 33 games.
- The Hokies have no wins ATS (0-2) as a 5.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Virginia Tech has seen 19 of its 33 games hit the over.
|Cincinnati Rank||Cincinnati AVG||Virginia Tech AVG||Virginia Tech Rank|
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Prediction & Pick
Cincinnati has the advantage due to this game being played at Fifth Third Arena. The Bearcats are an impressive 15-3 straight up at home, where they boast a plus-14.2 average scoring margin. Virginia Tech hasn't been nearly successful on the road, losing eight of 10 away contests while being a minus-2.8.
Cincinnati's offense is also more productive (76.6 PPG, No. 42) than Virginia Tech's attack (74.2 PPG, No. 93). While the Hokies are more accurate, the Bearcats are better at taking advantage of missed opportunities. Cincy averages the 55th-most rebounds per game (36.8), whereas UVA is much further down the list at No. 230 (No. 33.4 RPG).
With Virginia Tech also being 0-5 straight up as the underdog this year, it's better to fade the Hokies. Cincinnati is the better team and will prove it by advancing with ease.
Prediction: Cincinnati 78 | Virginia Tech 70
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech Best Bet
It's a no-brainer to side with Cincinnati on the spread. Virginia Tech has been putrid in that regard. On top of being 2-4 ATS in their last six games and 2-7-1 ATS on the road this season, the Hokies have failed to cover in each of their last seven outings on a Wednesday.
Cincinnati, on the other hand, is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games and 13-4 ATS at Fifth Third Arena thus far. Also covering the spread in each of their last six meetings with an ACC opponent, the Bearcats won't have any issues extending that trend.
Bet: Cincinnati -5.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.