Brown vs Harvard Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 6 (Crimson Shut Bears Down in Ivy League Action)
Brown vs Harvard Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Brown (7-7, 0-1 Ivy League) vs. Harvard (9-6, 0-1 Ivy League)
- Date: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Paul Bailey Pizzitola Sports Center -- Providence, Rhode Island
Friday, Jan. 6's NCAA college basketball schedule includes an Ivy League tilt between the Brown Bears and Harvard Crimson.
Wins have been hard to come by for Brown lately, losing three of its last four games — including Monday's 76-68 loss to Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, Harvard has been alternating between wins and losses over its last few games, most recently losing 69-66 to Princeton on New Year's Eve.
Can Brown stand tall with a strong performance at Pizzitola Sports Center? Or will Harvard prove to be too much of a challenge for the Bears?
Brown vs Harvard Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BROWN: (-114) | HARV: (-105)
- Spread: BROWN: -1.5 (-102) | HARV: +1.5 (-120)
- Total: 128.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Brown enters this contest as the slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 128.5 points, which is among the lowest of Friday's totals.
Brown vs Harvard Betting Trends
- Brown has covered the spread eight times in 13 games.
- The Bears' ATS record as 1.5-point favorites or more is 5-0.
- Brown has had two games (out of 13) hit the over this season.
- Against the spread, Harvard is 7-6-0 this year.
- The Crimson are 4-3 as 1.5-point underdogs or more.
- There have been three Harvard games (out of 13) that went over the total this year.
|Brown Rank||Brown AVG||Harvard AVG||Harvard Rank|
Brown vs Harvard Prediction & Pick
Even though Brown is the slight favorite here, Harvard has dominated this Ivy League rivalry. Not only have the Crimson won 16 of their last 20 games against the Bears, but they've also been victorious in 10 of their last 12 trips to Providence. In fact, the Crimson picked up a 65-50 victory at Paul Bailey Pizzitola Sports Center just back in February 2022.
I'm also having a tough time trusting the Bears due to their inconsistent offense. Brown is only averaging 60.4 points over its last five games, being held to 59 or fewer points in three of those contests. Harvard's offense has been slightly better over its last four games (64 PPG), scoring at least 62 points in all but one of those contests.
Considering how Brown has also failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games against Ivy League opponents, backing Harvard is the way to go tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Harvard: 66 | Brown: 60
Brown vs Harvard Best Bet
As mentioned before, it's surprising to see Havard as the underdog despite having the better record and defeating Brown more often than not in recent history. Since I'm expecting an upset tonight, I have no issue at all backing the Crimson at -105 odds on the moneyline. After all, their dominance over the Bears on the road is just too much to ignore.
Bet: Harvard ML (-105)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.