Baylor vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 4 (Bears Extend Home Winning Streak With Ease)
Baylor vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 19 Baylor (10-3, 0-1 Big 12) vs. No. 17 TCU (12-1, 1-0 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Ferrell Center -- Waco, Texas
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 17 TCU Horned Frogs and No. 19 Baylor Bears. TCU exteneded its winning streak to 10 games thanks to a 67-61 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday. Mike Miles racked up a team-high 23 points.
Meanwhile, Baylor would benefit from a bounce-back performance given it lost its most recent game to Iowa State by a score of 77-62 on Saturday. The Bears shot just 22.7% from three-point range (5-of-22) and racked up 19 turnovers. Adam Flagler acted as the lone bright spot with his 20 points.
Baylor vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BAYLOR: (-265) | TCU: (+210)
- Spread: BAYLOR: -6.5 (-102) | TCU: +6.5 (-120)
- Total: 144.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Baylor enters this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 144.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Baylor vs TCU Betting Trends
- Baylor's record against the spread is 6-7-0.
- As 4.5-point favorites or more, the Bears are 4-6 against the spread.
- There have been seven Baylor's games (out of 13) that hit the over this year.
- TCU has covered the spread seven times in 13 games.
- The Horned Frogs are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 4.5-point underdog or more this year.
- This season, seven of TCU's 13 games have gone over the point total.
|Baylor Rank||Baylor AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Baylor vs TCU Prediction & Pick
The Horned Frogs have done everything they possibly can to overcome a disappointing early season loss to Northwestern State. TCU has tallied wins over talented programs like Providence and Texas Tech, while also ranking 21st in assists-to-turnover ratio (1.47). It's a team that likes to share the rock.
Going into the Ferrell Center is going to be TCU's toughest task yet this season, though. Baylor is riding a 10-game home winning streak and averages a reliable 87.3 points per game in front of its own fans. The Bears also force 16.8 turnovers per game, which is the 20th-best mark in the country.
TCU has earned just one win in its last six games against Baylor, so I'll fade the Horned Frogs here.
Final Score Prediction: Baylor: 79 | TCU: 67
Baylor vs TCU Best Bet
This rivalry has been about as lopsided as any rivalry in the Big 12. Baylor is 8-1 straight up against TCU since the Horned Frogs joined the conference and all eight of those wins have come by at least 10 points. Baylor is a ridiculous 15-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last 19 games against TCU overall.
The Bears are also 4-1 ATS in their last five Wednesday home games and have posted an impressive average scoring margin of +29.3 at the Ferrell Center this season (No. 4 in NCAA). Head coach Scott Drew should get one of his top scorers in LJ Fryer back from injury, too. The Bears should roll here.
Bet: Baylor Bears -6.5 (-102)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.