Alabama vs Maryland Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 18 NCAA Tournament Game (Crimson Tide Score With Ease)
Alabama vs Maryland Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Tournament Game
- No. 1 Alabama (30-5) vs. Maryland (22-12)
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Venue: Legacy Arena at BJCC -- Birmingham, Alabama
- Coverage: TBS
Saturday, March 18's 2022-23 NCAA Tournament schedule features several exciting second-round tilts. One showdown worth watching is a South Region battle between the No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide and No. 8 Maryland Terrapins at 9:40 p.m. ET.
Alabama's offense was rolling in its 96-75 victory over No. 16 Texas A&M-CC, highlighted by five Crimson Tide players scoring double-digit totals. On the other side, Maryland was involved in a back-and-forth meeting with No. 9 West Virginia but still managed to emerge with a 67-65 win.
Can Alabama continue proving why it's the South's No. 1 seed? Or will Maryland dig down deep enough to upset one of the tournament favorites?
Alabama vs Maryland Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ALA: (-385) | MD: (+300)
- Spread: ALA: -8.5 (-110) | MD: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Alabama enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:40 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Alabama vs Maryland Betting Trends
- Alabama is 20-15-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 7.5-point favorites or more, the Crimson Tide are 11-10.
- Alabama has seen 16 of its 35 games hit the over.
- Maryland has covered the spread 21 times in 34 games.
- The Terrapins have covered every time (1-0) as a 7.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of Maryland's 34 games so far this year, 11 have gone over the total.
|Alabama Rank||Alabama AVG||Maryland AVG||Maryland Rank|
Alabama vs Maryland Prediction & Pick
There isn't much of a reason to believe that Maryland can win this one. The Terrapins are just 2-10 straight up as the underdog this season and have lost five of their previous seven games in March. And while their defense is ranked No. 23 in the country, I have a hard time believing they can contain Alabama and its 82.6 PPG (No. 3).
On top of boasting the offensive edge, Alabama will make Maryland's life hell down low. While the Terrapins average 33.6 rebounds per outing (No. 219), the Crimson Tide lead all of college basketball with 44.5 RPG — nearly four more than the next closest team.
Maryland has a lot to be proud of this season, but its March Madness run is coming to an end. Alabama is the clear-cut better team and a championship favorite for a reason. Expect the Crimson Tide to move on.
Final Score Prediction: Alabama: 80 | Maryland: 70
Alabama vs Maryland Best Bet
I recommend backing Alabama on the spread in this one. Not only are the Crimson Tide 3-1 ATS in their four previous games, but they've also covered in six of their last seven meetings with the Big Ten. Maryland's been solid against the spread too lately, but it doesn't have the offense to keep pace when Alabama inevitably pulls away.
Bet: Alabama -8.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.