Alabama vs Kentucky Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 7 (Bama Offense Too Much for Wildcats in Tuscaloosa)
Alabama vs Kentucky Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 7 Alabama (12-2, 2-0 SEC) vs. Kentucky (10-4, 1-1 SEC)
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: Coleman Coliseum -- Tuscaloosa, Alabama
A talented Kentucky team comes into this touch matchup unranked. They go up against the No. 7 team in the nation in the Alabama Crimson Tide, proving Tuscaloosa is more than just a football town this season. Alabama has won four of its last five games, while Kentucky has gone 3-2 in that same stretch.
Alabama vs Kentucky Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ALA: (-230) | UK: (+188)
- Spread: ALA: -5.5 (-110) | UK: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 151.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Alabama vs Kentucky Betting Trends
- Alabama is 8-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Crimson Tide have an ATS record of 5-4 as 5.5-point favorites or more.
- This season, eight of Alabama's 14 games have gone over the point total.
- Kentucky is 5-9-0 against the spread this year.
- Kentucky has played 14 games this year, and eight of them have gone over the total.
|Alabama Rank||Alabama AVG||Kentucky AVG||Kentucky Rank|
Alabama vs Kentucky Prediction & Pick
Yes, Kentucky is coming off two solid wins against Louisville and LSU in its last two games, but both were at Rupp Arena. They got trounced by Missouri in their last road game. Alabama, on the other hand, suffered its last loss to Gonzaga, in Tuscaloosa, by ten points. Kentucky looks like it's starting to come together and could be beginning a string of strong outings.
I don't know if that will be enough to come away with the outright win over Alabama on the road, though. Alabama is the No. 8 scoring team in the country and Kentucky's offense, while good, doesn't look like it has the firepower to keep up. They also don't have the defense to stem the Tide. The Wildcats rank 93rd in the country in opponent points per game. Kentucky's recent play and the forever coaching advantage of Coach Calipari lead me to think the Wildcats will keep this one close, but fail to pick up the win.
Final Score Prediction: Kentucky: 71 | Alabama: 74
Alabama vs Kentucky Best Bet
With these two teams averaging a combined roughly 160 points per game, it's curious to see the total sitting at just 147.5 for this one. It's probably evidence of neither team surrendering more than 71 points over their last two games, because both have scored enough to top this total. Neither team has proven to be stout defensively when you look at their numbers and rankings through the first part of the season. So I'm bucking the trend here and taking the under on this lower-than-expected total.
Bet: Under 147.5 (-110)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.