2023 Zurich Classic Odds, Picks & Field for PGA Tournament (Team Event Heavily Favors Cantlay and Schauffele)
Zurich Class Start Time, Date, Course & Prize Money
Start Date: Thursday, April 20, 2023
Golf Course: TPC Louisiana -- New Orleans, LA
Course Stats: 7,425 yards, Par 72
Purse: $8 million, $1.5 million to each player of winning team
Defending Champion: Team - Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele
TPC Louisiana is a Pete Dye design. It stretches over 250 acres of wetlands along the Mississippi River Delta and includes more than 100 bunkers and five ponds that come into play. The golf course is part of the Audubon Golf Trail and has breathtaking scenery.
Zurich Classic Tee Times
The Zurich Classic tee times and pairings will be available ahead of each round. Tee times are typically posted the day before the event, which is Wednesday, April 19 in this case.
Zurich Classic Odds & Favorites
Odds to win the Zurich Classic are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- +290: Patrick Cantlay / Xander Schauffele
- +600: Max Homa / Collin Morikawa
- +1300: Sungjae Im / Keith Mitchell
- +1600: Si Woo Kim / Tom Kim
- +2100: Billy Horschel / Sam Burns
- +2400: Kurt Kitayama / Taylor Montgomery
- +2400: Wyndham Clark / Beau Hossler
- +2700: Sahith Theegala / Justin Suh
- +3400: Nick Taylor / Adam Hadwin
- +3400: Matt Fitzpatrick / Alex Fitzpatrick
- +3700: J.J. Spaun / Hayden Buckley
- +3700: Byeong Hun-An / S.H. Him
- +3700: Harris English / Tom Hoge
- +3700: Thomas Detry / Victor Perez
- +4600: Joel Dahmen / Denny McCarthy
- +4600: Thorbjorn Olesen / Nicolai Hojgaard
- +4600: Davis Riley / Nick Hardy
Zurich Classic Field and Format
A field of 160 players is grouped into 80 two-man teams, with 33 teams and ties advancing through the cut. Four of the top 10 players in the Official World Golf Rankings are in the field, including the betting favorites team of Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele, who both just finished top-5 in the RBC Heritage.
The other top betting teams in the Zurich Classic field include:
- Max Homa & Collin Morikawa
- Sungjae Im & Keith Mitchell
- Tom Kim & Si Woo Kim
- Sam Burns & Billy Horschel
How it Works: Zurich Classic Team Format
- Thursday and Saturday: Four-Ball (Best Ball)
- Friday and Sunday: Foursomes (Alternate Shot)
- CUT: Top 33 & Ties Advance
Zuich Classic Picks & Predictions
Following last week's dark horse winner of Matt Fitzpatrick at the RBC Classic, let's take a shot on a rising pair of players that have made their mark on Tour since the start of the 2022-23 season. Kurt Kitayama won The Players Championship this year for a big breakthrough win. Taylor Montgomery has had five straight top-15 finishes, including three top-10's to start the season as a mostly unknown player. He then finished T5 at The American Express in January but hasn't contended since.
Both players played golf at UNLV and live in Las Vegas. There is clearly risk with neither golfer having played TPC Louisiana on Tour. That said, let's try to hit the jackpot this week on the team from Vegas with Montgomery's top-ranked short game and putting helping them contend.
Pick: Taylor Montgomery and Kurt Kitayama (+2400) to Win and/or Finish Top 10
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.