2022 Heisman Trophy Odds Favor Ohio State's CJ Stroud Ahead of Week 0 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Week Zero of the 2022 NCAA college football season is right around the corner, kicking off on Saturday, Aug. 27. One of the highlights of every campaign is finding out who wins the iconic Heisman Trophy, awarded to the best player in the entire nation.
Alabama quarterback Bryce Young took home last year's Heisman Trophy, earning 80% of the possible voting points. While Young hopes to join Archie Griffin as the only other two-time award-winner in NCAAF history, the 21-year-old is not the current betting favorite.
FanDuel Sportsbook lists Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud as the current 2022 Heisman Trophy favorite at +200 odds. The Buckeyes' gunslinger finished fourth in 2021 voting after completing 417 passes for 4,435 yards and 44 touchdowns to six interceptions in 12 starts.
Young opens with the second-best Heisman odds, coming in at +400. USC QB Caleb Williams is third at +600, while Clemson gunslinger DJ Uiagalelei comes in at No. 4 with +2500 odds. Alabama linebacker Will Anderson and Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel are tied for fifth at +3000.
Here's a look at how the rest of the 2022 Heisman Trophy odds are shaping up.
Heisman Trophy Odds 2022
1. C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State (+200)
2. Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (+400)
3. Caleb Williams, QB, USC (+600)
4. DJ Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson (+2500)
5. Will Anderson, LB, Alabama (+3000)
6. Dillon Gabriel, QB, Oklahoma (+3000)
7. TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State (+4000)
8. Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami (+4000)
9. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas (+4000)
10. Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas (+5000)
11. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State (+5000)
12. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama (+5000)
13. Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee (+6000)
14. Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida (+6000)
15. Jaxson Dart, QB, Ole Miss (+6000)
16. Haynes King, QB, Texas A&M (+6000)
17. Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin (+6000)
18. Will Rogers, QB, Mississippi State (+8000)
19. KJ Jefferson, QB, Arkansas (+8000)
20. Malik Cunningham, QB, Louisville (+8000)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.