Welcome to the Road to NBA All-Star 2017 contest (“RTAS”). The RTAS will take place solely through the Official One-Day Fantasy Game of the NBA hosted by FanDuel at fanduel.com/nba. The RTAS will run from January 18, 2017 through January 27, 2017, and will consist of 10 Official NBA One-Day Fantasy Contests (each an “Official Contest”). There is no entry fee required to participate in any Official Contest. Participants may enter each Official Contest through the contest landing page, available here: fanduel.com/nba.
150 prizes will be awarded in each Official Contest during the RTAS per the prizing table below. All prizing is subject to availability and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event a prize is unavailable, FanDuel will use its sole discretion to provide the winner with a suitable alternate prize. FanDuel will set the maximum number of entries of participants prior to each Official Contest.
Each Official Contest is a single entry contest and no entry fee is required to enter. Any instance of registering multiple accounts on FanDuel in order to gain more than one entry into an Official Contest will result in automatic disqualification from the Official Contest and the RTAS as well as potential suspension from FanDuel.
1st place: Trip for Two (2) to New Orleans for NBA All-Star 2017
2nd place: NBA Tech Bundle (XBOX ONE or Playstation 4 and NBA 2K17)
3rd place: NBA 2K17 Video Game (XBOX ONE or Playstation 4)
4th–10th place: $50 NBA Store Gift Card
11th–25th place: $25 NBA Store Gift Card
26th–50th place: $15 NBA Store Gift Card
51st–100th place: $5 in FanDuel Points
101st–125th place: $2 in FanDuel Points
126th–150th place: $1 in FanDuel Points
The winner of first prize in any Official Contest wins a trip to New Orleans for NBA All-Star 2017 (“Grand Prize”). Each Grand Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation (from major U.S. airport nearest to winner’s residence to New Orleans, LA) for winner and one (1) guest, double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights for winner and one (1) guest, and two (2) game tickets to the NBA All-Star Saturday Night (Saturday, February 18) and NBA All-Star Game (Sunday, February 19). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $3,000.00. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Cash equivalent for round-trip flights for winner and guest will be deposited in winner’s account. Flights will be selected at FanDuel’s discretion. Winner must book and pay for their flights within 2 days of cash deposited into account. FanDuel will not provide more cash than initially deposited; winner will be responsible for any change in airfare from time of deposit to booking. Trip must be taken on dates and times designated by FanDuel or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event that the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest are unable to obtain proper travel documents prior to departure date, the Grand Prize winner in question will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety and the Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
NBA Tech Bundles and NBA 2K17 prizes will be shipped to winner’s residence once available. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $400 for the NBA Tech Bundles and $50 for the NBA 2K17.
NBA Store Gift Cards will be provided in the form of promo codes sent via e-mail to respective winners.
FanDuel Points will be added to player's’ accounts within 72 hours of the settlement of the RTAS Official Contest.
Each Official Contest follows FanDuel’s standard scoring rules for fantasy basketball contests apply. You can find all scoring rules at fanduel.com/rules
In the event of a tie for first place in an Official Contest, the tied players will play a one-day 'playoff' contest to determine finishing position, which will be administered by FanDuel. The playoff contest will follow FanDuel’s standard scoring rules for fantasy basketball contests. FanDuel will deem the winner of this playoff contest as the Grand Prize Winner of the Official Contest; the other participant(s) will be the runners-up of the Official Contest. All other ties will result in the tied players receiving the split value of the related prizes, which will be determined by FanDuel at its sole discretion. For example, if there is a three-way tie for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th position, FanDuel will provide each participant with a prize that is one-third the of aggregate value of the original prizes.
In order to participate in the RTAS, you must meet the following qualifications:
• Users physically located in Nevada are not eligible to enter this competition.
• You must be a registrant or existing FanDuel user to participate; and
• You are not subject to backup withholding tax because: (a) you are exempt from backup withholding, or (b) you have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that you are subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified you that you are no longer subject to backup withholding.
Employees, officers, and directors of FanDuel and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and family members living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to participate in the RTAS.
NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), and the NBA member teams is defined as collectively (“NBA Entities”). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NBA Properties, Inc., Turner Digital Basketball Services, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“tD”) (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the RTAS.
The RTAS is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
FanDuel may request US resident prize winners to provide address and social security details prior to receiving their prize if their prize exceeds $600 in value. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes, fees, registration and insurance, for any prizes won in connection with this contest, including non-cash prizes.
The decisions made by FanDuel management regarding, but not limited to, eligibility, winners, scoring, rules, prizes and compliance is in accordance with FanDuel’s standards of conduct. No correspondence will be entered into. FanDuel reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms, (a) to ensure the fairness of competition, and (b) in response to unanticipated developments (including, but not limited to, technical failures, errors, acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, changes in applicable law, failure of stats provider and failure to obtain a minimum number of entrants).
By participating in the RTAS, you agree that FanDuel may provide your name and e-mail address to the NBA and that the NBA may use this information for marketing and advertising purposes in accordance with its own policies.
Winners agree that their full names, location and/or photos and videos can be used for marketing purposes. They also agree to speak to bloggers and other journalists and media personnel where applicable prior to, during and after the experience, and they agree to participate in additional FanDuel marketing activities, all without additional compensation. Any winner unprepared to adhere to this requirement will have their finishing position swapped with a runner up in that Contest. In other words, a runner up will receive the RTAS Prize.
In regards to the “NBA Entities”, participants in this promotion agree to be bound by these RTAS terms and agree that the NBA Entities and their designees and assigns may use the participant’s name, voice, city/state of residence, photos, video or film clips, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation (financial or otherwise), permission or notification.
FanDuel may require prize winners to sign the below Affidavit of Eligibility to confirm their identity and eligibility. Any prize winner refusing to sign the Affidavit of Eligibility upon FanDuel’s request will be disqualified from the RTAS and ineligible to receive any prizes.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the RTAS contest, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
• I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I am not a resident of Nevada and am over 18 years of age (21 if a resident of Massachusetts). I agree to provide government-issued photo identification to FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
• I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during any RTAS promotion that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the NBA or the FanDuel user community.
• If I win the Grand Prize, I will participate in the following, without requesting additional compensation from FanDuel or any third party: At FanDuel’s request, I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel at the NBA Game I attend, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication. At FanDuel’s request, I will participate in a specified number of other hours of any FanDuel marketing-related activities that FanDuel organizes (whether during a RTAS or otherwise, at FanDuel’s discretion), such as participating in FanDuel marketing photo shoots or interviews with the media, and I agree that my local travel to and from such activities will take place at my own expense and will not count toward the hour total. I agree to be available for these marketing-related activities from 30 days before until 360 days after it.
• During the promotion activities, I will not participate in any promotional or marketing-related activities for other daily fantasy websites.
• FanDuel, its service providers and “NBA Entities” may take photos or videos of me or in which I appear (“Images”) during the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility. I grant FanDuel and “NBA Entities” ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel and “NBA Entities” an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel and “NBA Entities” an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel, its service providers, “NBA Entities” and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. The NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and/or participation in this promotion. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.