The Ultimate VIP Experience and $1.5M
Our biggest baseball contest of the year is here: It’s the World Fantasy Baseball Championship. Do you have what it takes to finish at the top? Qualify now to get a trip to the live WFBC Finals in San Diego, where you’ll play for a share of $1,500,000.
But that’s not all. Each Finalist gets a VIP trip for two to San Diego, which includes:
Flight and three nights of hotel accommodations in the historic Gaslamp Quarter
One (1) entry to our $50,000 MLB Single Game Championship contest on Friday, live at the ARZ vs SD game at Petco Park
Two tickets to the Sunburn Pool Party at the Hard Rock Hotel on 8/18
Access to our VIP World Fantasy Baseball Championship viewing party
Exclusive entry to our Playboy After Party at the Float Rooftop and Pool Bar at the Hard Rock Hotel
Not sure what to expect at a FanDuel Live Championship Weekend? Take a look at the action from some of our previous events.View Photo Album
MLB Single Game Championship
We’re proud to introduce the first ever FanDuel championship event — live from the actual game! Qualify for a spot in WFBC, and you’ll get one (1) entry into a $50K single game contest while watching that game live in our reserved area just beyond the center field wall at Petco Park.
Playboy After Party
After the WFBC ends, the real party starts. Because we’re hosting a Playboy After Party at the Float Rooftop and Pool Bar at the Hard Rock Hotel — with drinks, music, and, of course, Playboy Bunnies.
Big League Payday
6th - 7th
8th - 10th
11th - 15th
16th - 25th
26th - 35th
36th - 55th
56th - 75th
76th - 100th
2018 WFBC Finalists
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the 2018 World Fantasy Baseball Championship Weekend (“WFBC”). The WFBC consists of a series of qualifier contests (“WFBC Qualifiers”) and culminates with the WFBC Finals contest and viewing party in San Diego, California (“WFBC Finals”). Here are the detailed rules for the WFBC.
Players may qualify for the WFBC Finals by winning an entry via WFBC Qualifiers. The WFBC Finals will include a total of one-hundred (100) entries. FanDuel will run WFBC Qualifiers starting on April 10, 2018. Each WFBC Qualifier will award at least one entry into the WFBC Finals, though FanDuel reserves the right to run WFBC Qualifiers that award more than one entry (“Super Qualifiers”). FanDuel also reserves the right to award entries into the WFBC Finals through other promotions in its own discretion.
In each WFBC Qualifier, the entrant whose team scores the most fantasy points will secure one entry into the WFBC Finals (“Qualifier Winner”). Super Qualifiers may award entry into the WFBC to multiple finishers (“Super Qualifier Winners” and, collectively with Qualifier Winners, “Finalists”).
The prize for each Finalist includes one (1) entry into the WFBC Finals contest on Saturday, August 18, 2018 and one (1) entry into the $50K MLB Single Game Championship contest (“SGC”) on Friday, August 17, 2018; and a trip package consisting of $1,000 airfare and transportation credit, three (3) nights’ accommodations for two (2) people, and entry for two (2) people to the following events: the SGC live viewing party at Petco Park on Friday, August 17, 2018; the WFBC live final viewing party on Saturday, August 18, 2018; and the WFBC After Party hosted by Playboy on Saturday, August 18, 2018 (collectively, the “Trip Package”). Approximate Retail Value of the Trip Package is $3,200. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Airfare credit will be deposited in Finalist’s account; Finalist is responsible for making all travel arrangements. The entry into the WFBC Finals and Trip Package are non-transferable, except where noted otherwise in these terms and conditions. Additional guests may be able to attend the Friday and Saturday events, but will be subject to additional charges. Entry for additional guests is NOT guaranteed and will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, factoring in event capacity, overall group size, event space capacity, and catering & staffing resources.
Users are only eligible to win a maximum of five (5) entries into the WFBC Finals. Should a user win a second entry into the WFBC through a Qualifier, they may choose between receiving an additional transferable Trip Package (plane ticket, hotel accommodations, and a pair of tickets to the viewing parties per entry) for an individual of his or her choosing OR a cash value option of 75% of the trip package ($2,400). This choice shall also be offered to a user winning a third, fourth, or fifth entry. Once a user wins five entries into the WFBC Final, he is ineligible to win any additional entries into the WFBC Final. Any user who enters a lineup in a WFBC Qualifier or Super Qualifier that finishes in a position to win an entry into the WFBC Final but would result in the user having an excess of five (5) entries into the WFBC Final will be awarded the cash value of the entry into the WFBC in lieu of winning another seat in the WFBC Final.
Super Qualifiers may be held, in which multiple entries into the WFBC Final are awarded. In a Super Qualifier the users with the highest scoring entries will win an entry into the WFBC Final in accordance with the number of entries into the WFBC Final being offered in that particular Super Qualifier. For example, if FanDuel announces that three entries into the WFBC Final will be awarded in a specific Super Qualifier, then the three highest scoring entries in that Super Qualifier will each win one entry into the WFBC Final.
The WFBC Finals will take place in San Diego, California on Saturday, August 18, 2018.
WFBC Teams and scoring
Each WFBC Qualifier, as well as the WFBC Finals, will use standard FanDuel MLB rosters and scoring rules, as explained here: https://www.fanduel.com/rules
In the event of a tie for an entry into the WFBC Final in a WFBC Qualifier or Super Qualifier, the tied players will play a one-day 'playoff' contest to determine finishing position. The playoff will be a Head-to-Head or private league contest using standard FanDuel MLB rosters and scoring rules. All other ties (whether in the WFBC Final or in a Qualifier) will result in the tied players splitting the prizes for the tied finishing positions.
Prizes for the WFBC Final and Qualifiers
Each Qualifier will award an entry into the WFBC Finals (cash value of $15,500), and Trip Package (retail value of $3,200) to the first place finisher (or top eligible finishers for Super Qualifiers). Any other prizes for Qualifiers and Super Qualifiers will be published in advance of users being able to enter such contests. Upon winning a Qualifier or Super Qualifier, Finalists will also receive a cash prize equal to the minimum possible payout for the WFBC Finals (“Early Prize”). Should a Finalist be deemed ineligible for the WFBC Finals, then he or she forfeits any right to receive any Early Prize.
The first place finisher in the WFBC Finals will receive a cash prize of $300,000. All other prizes for the WFBC Finals will be published when the first WFBC Qualifiers are created. Any Early Prize paid out to Finalists will be deducted from any prizes won in the WFBC Finals.
Eligibility for WFBC
Participation in the WFBC Finals and the payment of any prize won at the WFBC Finals are contingent on strict compliance with the WFBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility. For example, no promotion of other websites or business - of any kind - is allowed by Finalists at any events hosted by FanDuel in San Diego, California (these include the Friday event, Championship Event, and After Party), unless explicit written permission has been granted by FanDuel in advance. FanDuel reserves the right to revoke attendance privileges at any event hosted by FanDuel should a Finalist violate the terms of the WFBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility.
Contestants are only eligible to qualify for a maximum of five seats in the WFBC Finals.
All US residents who win an entry into the WFBC Finals will be required to provide address and social security details to be eligible for WFBC Finals. These details will be used to file a 1099-MISC with the Internal Revenue Service for any players whose winnings on FanDuel exceeds $600 for the prior year. Failure to provide these details will result in the user being disqualified and having his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes, fees, registration and insurance, for any prizes won in connection with this contest, including non-cash prizes.
Publicity for WFBC Finalists
As described in further detail in the WFBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility, Finalists agree that their full names, location and/or photos and videos will be used for marketing purposes. They also agree to speak to bloggers and other journalists and media personnel where applicable prior to, during and after the event, and they agree to participate in additional FanDuel marketing activities, all without additional compensation. Any Finalist unprepared to adhere to this requirement will be disqualified have his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up that week.
The WFBC Live Final
The WFBC Finalists will be given accommodations for the nights of August 16th, 17th and 18th, 2018 at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego, California. If a Finalist cannot make the trip due to circumstances that FanDuel, in its sole discretion, deems extreme and outside the Finalists control, FanDuel may authorize the Finalist to nominate one other person to attend the WFBC Finals in his or her place. However, the Finalist will still be expected to fulfill his or her publicity obligations.
One ticket for guests to the Friday and Saturday events is included; there will be a fee for additional guests, and space for additional guests at either event is not guaranteed.
Additional WFBC terms and conditions
Affidavit of Eligibility
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the World Fantasy Baseball Championship (“WFBC”), and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I was not physically located in Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Texas, or Washington at the time of entry into any WFBC Qualifier, Super Qualifier or the WFBC Final. I agree to bring government-issued photo identification to the WFBC Final Event (defined below) for FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
- I reaffirm my agreement to:
- The FanDuel WFBC Rules, provided at Fanduel.com/WFBC
- I agree to attend the WFBC Final on Saturday, August 18, 2018 in San Diego, California. Should I finish in the top three spots in the WFBC final and not attend the awards ceremony, I will be eligible to receive only 50% of any prize money I otherwise would win at the WFBC Final unless I obtain FanDuel’s written permission at least 48 hours prior to the official start time of the Saturday WFBC Final. Because of anticipated media presence and the significant marketing value the Saturday event has for FanDuel, and because the value of my participation in the Saturday event cannot be calculated with precision but likely is proportional to my ranking in the results of the WFBC Final, I agree that this prize reduction is a reasonable method for compensating the company for the losses it will sustain by reason of my failure to fully participate in the Saturday event.
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during the WFBC Final Event weekend that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the WFBC Final Events or the FanDuel user community.
- I will participate in the following, without requesting additional compensation from FanDuel or any third party:
- I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel throughout the WFBC Final Event, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication.
- At FanDuel’s request, I will participate in a specified number of other hours of any FanDuel marketing-related activities that FanDuel organizes (whether during the WFBC Final Events weekend or otherwise, at FanDuel’s discretion), such as participating in FanDuel marketing photo shoots or interviews with the media, and I agree that my local travel to and from such activities will take place at my own expense and will not count toward the hour total. I agree to be available for these marketing-related activities from 30 days before the WFBC Final until 90 days after it.
- If I win first, second or third place in the WFBC Final, the total hours for these activities will be 30.
- Otherwise, the total hours will be 5.
- During the WFBC Final and at the party the night before the WFBC Final, I will not participate in any promotional or marketing-related activities for other daily fantasy websites.
- I agree that FanDuel and its service providers may use my name, any biographical information that I provide to FanDuel, image, likeness, photo, and voice for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes before and after the WFBC Final without additional notice or compensation.
- FanDuel and its service providers may photograph, film, videotape, record and/or portray my name, voice, portrayal, actions and/or likeness in connection with the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility (“Images”). I grant FanDuel ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, and in conjunction with any biographical information that I have provided to FanDuel, or without any such biographical information in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel and its service providers and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.
© 2018 Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. Playboy and the Rabbit Head Design are trademarks of Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. and used under license by FanDuel.