Official Partner of the NBA
The ultimate VIP experience
We’ve partnered with the NBA to make this year’s World Fantasy Basketball Championship the biggest and most exciting fantasy event ever. Just win a WFBBC Live Final qualifier contest to claim a guaranteed share of $2.5M in prizes and stamp your ticket to LA, including:
- Trip for two to Los Angeles, including flights and three nights of hotel accommodations in downtown LA.
- Two tickets to the HOU vs LAL game on Thurs 3/12 in our luxury suite.
- Plus entry for you and your guest into the $50K Single Game Championship on 3/12.
- Access for two to the first ever Fantasy Basketball Festival on Fri 3/13, presented by the NBA and FanDuel
- VIP invitation for two to the WFBBC Live Final Viewing Party on 3/14.
- Entry for two to the WFBBC After Party, with a special concert performance by a mystery artist.
Not sure what to expect at a live event?
Check out our highlight video from last year’s WFBBC to see what you missed:
$2.5M WFBBC Live Final Prize Pool
4th - 100th prizes
2020 WFBBC Finalists
These titans of the touchscreen have already earned their spot at the WFBBC. Enter a qualifier for your chance to join them.Qualify Now
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the 2020 World Fantasy Basketball Championship (“WFBBC” or “Promotion”). The WFBBC consists of a series of qualifier contests (each a “WFBBC Qualifier” and collectively the “WFBBC Qualifiers”) and culminates with the WFBBC Finals contest and viewing party on Saturday, March 14, 2020 (“WFBBC Finals”). Here are the detailed rules for the WFBBC.
Users may qualify for the WFBBC Finals by winning an entry via WFBBC Qualifiers. The WFBBC Finals will include a total of one hundred (100) seats. FanDuel will run WFBBC Qualifiers starting on October 23, 2019. Each WFBBC Qualifier will award at least one entry into the WFBBC Finals, though FanDuel reserves the right to run WFBBC Qualifiers that award more than one entry (each a“Mega Qualifier” and collectively, the “Mega Qualifiers”). In a Mega Qualifier the participants with the highest scoring entries will win an entry into the WFBBC Finals in accordance with the number of entries into the WFBBC Finals being offered in that particular Mega Qualifier. For example, if FanDuel announces that three entries into the WFBBC Finals will be awarded in a specific Mega Qualifier, then the three highest scoring entries in that Mega Qualifier will each win one entry into the WFBBC Final. FanDuel also reserves the right to award entries into the WFBBC Finals in its own discretion.
In each WFBBC Qualifier, the participant whose team scores the most fantasy points will secure one entry into the WFBBC Finals (“Qualifier Winner”). Mega Qualifiers may award entry into the WFBBC Finals to multiple finishers (“Mega Qualifier Winners” and, collectively with Qualifier Winners, “Finalists”).
Teams and Scoring
Each WFBBC Qualifier, as well as the WFBBC Finals, will use standard FanDuel NBA rosters and scoring rules, as explained here: https://www.fanduel.com/rules.
In the event of a tie for a position that awards an entry into the WFBBC Finals in a WFBBC Qualifier or Mega Qualifier, the tied participants will play a one-day 'playoff' contest to determine finishing position. The playoff will be a Head-to-Head or private league contest using standard FanDuel NBA rosters and scoring rules. All other ties (whether in the WFBBC Finals or in WFBBC Qualifiers) will result in the tied participants splitting the cash value of the prizes for the tied finishing positions.
WFBBC Qualifiers Prizing: Each WFBBC Qualifier will award an entry into the WFBBC Finals (cash value of $25,000), and Trip Package (retail value of $7,000) to the first place finisher (or top eligible finishers for Mega Qualifiers). Any other prizes for WFBBC Qualifiers and Mega Qualifiers will be published in advance of users being able to enter such contests. Upon winning a WFBBC Qualifier or Mega Qualifier, Finalists will also receive a cash prize equal to the minimum possible payout for the WFBBC Finals (“Early Prize”). Should a Finalist be deemed ineligible for the WFBBC Finals, then he or she forfeits any right to receive any Early Prize.
The prize for each Finalist includes one (1) entry into the WFBBC Finals contest on Saturday, March 14, 2020; and a trip package consisting of $1,000 airfare and transportation credit, three nights (3) nights’ accommodations for two (2) people, one entry for Finalist and their guest into the NBA Single Game Championship contest on 3/12, and entry for two (2) people to the following events: the SGC live viewing party and HOU vs LAL game on Thursday, March 12, 2020; the Fantasy Basketball Festival on Friday, March 13, 2020, the WFBBC live finals viewing party on Saturday, March 14, 2020 and the WFBBC After Party on Saturday, March 14, 2020 (collectively, the “Trip Package”). Approximate Retail Value of the Trip Package is $7,000. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Transportation credit will be deposited in Finalist’s account; Finalist is responsible for making all travel arrangements. The entry into the WFBBC Finals and Trip Package are non-transferable, except where noted otherwise in these terms and conditions. Additional guests may be able to attend the Thursday, Friday, and Sunday events, but will be subject to additional charges. Entry for additional guests is NOT guaranteed and will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, factoring in event capacity, overall group size, event space capacity, and catering & staffing resources.
Participants are only eligible to win a maximum of six (6) entries into the WFBBC Finals. Should a participant win a second entry into the WFBBC Finals, they may choose between receiving an additional transferable Trip Package for an individual of his or her choosing OR receiving a cash value option of 60% of the Trip Package ($4,200) (“Cash Out Option”). Eligible participants that qualify for the WFBBC Finals between October 23, 2019 and February 24, 2020 must make this determination by February 28, 2020, or they forfeit the right to make such election and shall lose the right to choose the Cash Out Option. Eligible participants that qualify on or after February 24, 2020, shall have 5 days to make such determination. Failure to do so will result in a loss of the right to choose the Cash Out Option as described above. This choice shall also be offered to a participant winning a third, fourth, fifth, or sixth entry into the WFBBC Finals. Once a participant wins six (6) entries into the WFBBC Final, he/she is ineligible to win any additional entries into the WFBBC Final. Any participant who enters a lineup in a WFBBC Qualifier or Mega Qualifier that finishes in a position to win an entry into the WFBBC Finals but would result in the participant having an excess of six (6) entries into the WFBBC Final, will be awarded the cash value of the entry into the WFBBC Finals ($25,000) in lieu of winning another seat in the WFBBC Finals.
WFBBC Finals Prizing: The first place finisher in the WFBBC Finals will receive a cash prize of Five-Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000). All other prizes for the WFBBC Finals will be published when the first WFBBC Qualifiers are created. Any Early Prize paid out to Finalists will be deducted from any prizes won in the WFBBC Finals.
Participation in the WFBBC Finals and the payment of any prize won at the WFBBC Finals are contingent on strict compliance with the WFBBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility. For example, no promotion of other websites or business - of any kind - is allowed by Finalists at any events hosted by FanDuel from March 12, 2020 through Sunday, March 15, 2020, unless explicit written permission has been granted by FanDuel in advance. FanDuel reserves the right to revoke attendance privileges at any event hosted by FanDuel should a Finalist violate the terms of the WFBBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility or these Terms and Conditions.
All US residents who win an entry into the WFBBC Finals will be required to provide address and social security details to be eligible for WFBBC Finals. These details will be used to file a 1099-MISC with the Internal Revenue Service for any users whose winnings on FanDuel exceeds $600 for the prior year. Failure to provide these details will result in the participant being disqualified and having his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes, fees, registration and insurance, for any prizes won in connection with this contest, including non-cash prizes.
Publicity for WFBBC Finalists
As described in further detail in the WFBBC Finals Affidavit of Eligibility, Finalists agree that their full names, location and/or photos and videos will be used for marketing purposes. They also agree to speak to bloggers and other journalists and media personnel where applicable prior to, during and after the event, and they agree to participate in additional FanDuel marketing activities, all without additional compensation. Any Finalist unprepared to adhere to this requirement may be disqualified and have his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up, in FanDuel’s sole discretion.
The WFBBC Live Final
The WFBBC Finalists will be given accommodations for the nights of March 12th, 13th, and 14th in Los Angeles. If a Finalist cannot make the trip due to circumstances that FanDuel, in its sole discretion, deems extreme and outside the Finalists control, FanDuel may authorize the Finalist to nominate one other person to attend the WFBBC Finals in his or her place. However, the Finalist will still be expected to fulfill his or her publicity obligations.
Affidavit of Eligibility
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the World Fantasy Basketball Championship (“WFBBC”), and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I was not physically located in Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, or Washington at the time of entry into any WFBBC Qualifier, Mega Qualifier or the WFBBC Final and that I am 18 years of age or older (21+ in MA and IA, 19+ in AL). I agree to bring government-issued photo identification to the WFBBC Final Event (defined below) for FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
I reaffirm my agreement to:
- The FanDuel WFBBC Rules, provided at Fanduel.com/WFBBC
- I agree to attend the WFBBC Final on Saturday, March 14, 2020. Should I finish in the top three spots in the WFBBC final and not attend the awards ceremony, I will be eligible to receive only 50% of any prize money I otherwise would win at the WFBBC Final unless I obtain FanDuel’s written permission at least 48 hours prior to the official start time of the Sunday WFBBC Final. Because of anticipated media presence and the significant marketing value the Sunday event has for FanDuel, and because the value of my participation in the Sunday event cannot be calculated with precision but likely is proportional to my ranking in the results of the WFBBC Final, I agree that this prize reduction is a reasonable method for compensating the company for the losses it will sustain by reason of my failure to fully participate in the Sunday event.
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during the WFBBC Final Event weekend that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the WFBBC Final Events or the FanDuel user community.
I will participate in the following, without requesting additional compensation from FanDuel or any third
- I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel throughout the WFBBC Final Event, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication.
At FanDuel’s request, I will participate in a specified number of other hours of any FanDuel
marketing-related activities that FanDuel organizes (whether during the WFBBC Final Events weekend or
otherwise, at FanDuel’s discretion), such as participating in FanDuel marketing photo shoots or
interviews with the media, and I agree that my local travel to and from such activities will take
place at my own expense and will not count toward the hour total. I agree to be available for these
marketing-related activities from 30 days before the WFBBC Final until 90 days after it.
- If I win first, second or third place in the WFBBC Final, the total hours for these activities will be 30.
- Otherwise, the total hours will be 5.
- During the WFBBC Final and at the party the night before the WFBBC Final, I will not participate in any promotional or marketing-related activities for other daily fantasy websites.
- I agree that FanDuel and its service providers may use my name, any biographical information that I provide to FanDuel, image, likeness, photo, and voice for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes before and after the WFBBC Final without additional notice or compensation.
- FanDuel and its service providers may photograph, film, videotape, record and/or portray my name, voice, portrayal, actions and/or likeness in connection with the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility (“Images”). I grant FanDuel ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, and in conjunction with any biographical information that I have provided to FanDuel, or without any such biographical information in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel, its service providers, and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. FanDuel, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Released Parties”) shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel-related elements) and/or participation in WFBBC. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.
Additional Terms and Conditions
The Released Parties and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible, and hereby disclaim responsibility, for (i) lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, undelivered or misdirected downloads, installations, registrations, usernames, scores, player selections or revisions; (ii) theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of player selections; (iii) failures or malfunctions of phones/mobile devices (including wireless phones/handsets or other wireless devices), phone lines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network/mobile app, server or other connections; (iv) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; (v) errors or ambiguity in these Terms and Conditions, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; (vi) the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; and (vii) the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise. By entering, each participant agrees that the Released Parties and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies shall have no liability and will be held harmless by participant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to participant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to participant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto or participation in the Promotion; and any and all taxes and other fees applicable to the prizes received by the prize winners. The Released Parties, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to: disqualify any person (and void his/her points) who tampers with the submission process, the operation of the Promotion, or any other component the Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions; and modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion. The Released Parties reserve the right to halt or modify the Promotion at any time during the Promotion Period if events beyond its control compromise the Promotion’s fairness or integrity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event that the Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Released Parties reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the FanDuel shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.