everything you've ever dreamed of. all in one place.Learn more
2 Tickets to paradise
VIP trip for two with three nights
at the Terranea Resort
Win up to $1,000,000
100 Finalists — $5,000,000 in
Live finals in California
Meet Joe Montana and be
This is where fantasy meets reality
Welcome to the upper echelon of fantasy
Game conditions are always perfect and your living room couch sinks into California sand. It’s every fan’s dream, and it could be your reality. Just win your way to the 2016 World Fantasy Football Championship, and you’ll ascend to the highest realm of fandom — with a chance at $1,000,000.
Enter a qualifier and pack your bags
To gain access to the riches that lie on the other side of greatness, first you must pass a test. Win one of the qualifier contests below to earn your spot at the WFFC.
Football Heaven isn’t just about what you do. It’s about what you win. And in this garden of prosperity, there’s plenty to go around.
- 5th - 6th$150,000
- 7th - 9th$100,000
- 10th - 14th$80,000
- 15th - 19th$60,000
- 20th - 25th$50,000
- 26th - 32nd$40,000
- 33rd - 39th$30,000
- 40th - 47th$25,000
- 48th - 56th$20,000
- 57th - 74th$15,000
- 75th - 100th$10,000
An Embarrassment of SPORTSRICHES
Win your qualifier, and you’ll be off to a better place. The Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verde, California, to be precise.
This peninsula of paradise is surrounded by Pacific rhythms and stunning vistas worthy of the greatest fantasy football player in the land. And for three days, you’ll lie in the lap of luxury — with world-class spas, award-winning restaurants, and jaw-dropping golf at your fingertips.
You & Joe Montana
In Football Heaven, everyone’s a champion. Shake hands with Joe Montana and enjoy once-in-a-lifetime fan experiences. There’s plenty to do and see, if you can peel your eyes from the big-screen TVs and leave the beach-side couches.
With all that paradise, you could almost forget that you’re there to win. But once you set your lineup, watch your victory unfold at your new favorite sports bar: the beach. The competition will be fierce, but the victory will be oh so sweet.
Terms and conditions
Welcome to the 2016 World Fantasy Football Championship (WFFC). The WFFC consists of a series of qualifier contests (“WFFC Qualifiers”) and culminates in a live final in Rancho Palos Verdes, California (“WFFC Final”). Here are the detailed rules for the contest.
Players qualify for the WFFC Final by winning at least one of 100 entries FanDuel will award via WFFC Qualifiers. Multiple WFFC Qualifiers will run every NFL week starting September 8, 2016. Each WFFC Qualifier will award at least one entry into the WFFC Final, though FanDuel reserves the right to run WFFC Qualifiers that award more than one entry (“Super Qualifiers”). FanDuel also reserves the right to run other promotions that award entries into the WFFC Final.
In each WFFC Qualifier, the entrant whose team scores the most fantasy points will secure one entry into the WFFC Final (“Qualifier Winner”). Super Qualifiers may award multiple entries into the WFFC to top finishers (“Super Qualifier Winner” and, collectively with Qualifier Winners, “Finalists”).
The prize for each Qualifier Winner includes ONE (1) entry into the WFFC Final on Sunday, December 18, 2016, and a trip package valued at $3,000. The trip package consists of (1) $1,000 airfare credit, (1) one-way transfer from airport to the event hotel, three nights’ accommodations at Terranea Resort, and entry for 2 to the following events: the Friday welcome reception on December 16, 2016, the Saturday special event on December 17, 2016, and the WFFC Final Sunday Championship viewing party on December 18, 2016 (collectively, the “Trip Package”). The entry into the WFFC Final and Trip Package are non-transferable, except where noted otherwise in these terms and conditions. Additional guests may be able to attend the Saturday and Sunday parties, but will be subject to additional charges. Entry for additional guests are NOT guaranteed and will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, factoring in event capacity, overall group size, event space capacity, and catering & staffing resources.
Users are only eligible to win a maximum of THREE (3) entries into the WFFC Final. Should a user win a second entry into the WFFC through a Qualifier, they may choose between receiving an additional transferable Trip Package (plane ticket, hotel accommodations, and a pair of tickets to the viewing parties per entry) for an individual of his or her choosing OR a cash value option of 75% of the trip package ($2,250). This choice shall also be offered to a user winning a third entry. Once a user wins three entries into the WFFC Final, he is ineligible to win any additional entries into the WFFC Final. Any user who enters a lineup in a WFFC Qualifier or Super Qualifier that finishes in a position to win an entry into the WFFC Final but would result in the user having an excess of THREE (3) entries into the WFFC Final will be awarded the cash value of the entry into the WFFC in lieu of winning another seat in the WFFC Final.
Super Qualifiers may be held, in which multiple entries into the WFFC Final are awarded. In a Super Qualifier the users with the highest scoring unique entries will win an entry into the WFFC Final in accordance with the number of entries into the WFFC Final being offered in that particular Super Qualifier. For example, if FanDuel announces that three entries into the WFFC Final will be awarded in a specific Super Qualifier, then the users with the three highest scoring unique entries in that Super Qualifier will win one entry into the WFFC Final.
The WFFC Live Final will take place in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA on Sunday, December 18, 2016.
WFFC Teams and scoring
Each WFFC Qualifier and Super Qualifier and the WFFC Final will use standard FanDuel NFL rosters and scoring rules, as explained here: www.fanduel.com/rules
In the event of a tie for first place in a WFFC Qualifier, the tied players will play a one-day 'playoff' contest to determine finishing position. The playoff will be a Head-to-Head contest using standard FanDuel NFL rosters and scoring rules. All other ties (whether in the WFFC Final or in a Qualifier) will result in the tied players splitting the prizes for the tied finishing positions.
Prizes for the WFFC Final and Qualifiers
Each Qualifier will award an entry into the WFFC Final (cash value of $50,000) and Trip Package to the first place finisher (or top eligible finishers for Super Qualifiers). Any other prizes for Qualifiers and Super Qualifiers will be published in advance of users being able to enter such contests.
The first place finisher in the WFFC Final will receive a cash prize of $1,000,000. All other prizes for the WFFC Final will be published when the first WFFC Qualifiers are created.
Eligibility for WFFC
Participation in the WFFC Final, and the payment of any prize won at the WFFC Final, are contingent on strict compliance with the WFFC Final Affidavit of Eligibility. For example, no promotion of other websites or business - of any kind - is allowed by Finalists at any events hosted by FanDuel in Rancho Palos Verdes (these include the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday parties), unless explicit written permission has been granted by FanDuel in advance. FanDuel reserves the right to revoke attendance privileges at any event hosted by FanDuel should a Finalist violate the terms of the WFFC Final Affidavit of Eligibility.
Contestants are only eligible to qualify for a maximum of three seats in the WFFC Final.
All US residents who win an entry into the WFFC Finals will be required to provide address and social security details to be eligible for WFFC Finals. These details will be used to file a 1099-MISC with the Internal Revenue Service for any players whose net profit on FanDuel during 2016 exceeds $600. Failure to provide these details will result in the user being disqualified and having his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up.
Publicity for WFFC Finalists
As described in further detail in the WFFC Final Affidavit of Eligibility, Finalists agree that their full names, location and/or photos and videos will be used for marketing purposes. They also agree to speak to bloggers and other journalists and media personnel where applicable prior to, during and after the event, and they agree to participate in additional FanDuel marketing activities, all without additional compensation. Any Finalist unprepared to adhere to this requirement will be disqualified have his or her finishing position swapped with the first eligible runner-up that week.
The WFFC Final
The WFFC Finalists will be given accommodations for the nights of December 16, 17, and 18 at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. If a Finalist cannot make the trip due to circumstances that FanDuel, in its sole discretion, deems extreme and outside the Finalists control, FanDuel may authorize the Finalist to nominate one other person to attend the WFFC Final in his or her place. However, the Finalist will still be expected to fulfill their publicity obligations.
One ticket for guests to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday events is included; there will be a fee for additional guests, and space for additional guests at either event is not guaranteed.
Additional WFFC terms and conditions
Affidavit of Eligibility
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the World Fantasy Football Championship (“WFFC”), and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I physically located in Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Texas, or Washington at the time of entry into any WFFC Qualifier, Super Qualifier or the WFFC Fial. I agree to bring government-issued photo identification to the WFFC Final Event (defined below) for FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
- I agree to attend the WFFC Final on Sunday, December 18, 2016 at Terranea Resort in California. Should I finish in the top three spots in the WFFC final and not attend the awards ceremony, I will be eligible to receive only 50% of any prize money I otherwise would win at the WFFC Final unless I obtain FanDuel’s written permission at least 48 hours prior to the official start time of the Sunday WFFC Final. Because of anticipated media presence and the significant marketing value the Sunday event has for FanDuel, and because the value of my participation in the Sunday event cannot be calculated with precision but likely is proportional to my ranking in the results of the WFFC Final, I agree that this prize reduction is a reasonable method for compensating the company for the losses it will sustain by reason of my failure to fully participate in the Sunday event.
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during the WFFC Final Event weekend that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the WFFC Final Events or the FanDuel user community.
- I will participate in the following, without requesting additional compensation from FanDuel or any third party: I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel throughout the WFFC Final Event, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication. At FanDuel’s request, I will participate in a specified number of other hours of any FanDuel marketing-related activities that FanDuel organizes (whether during the WFFC Final Events weekend or otherwise, at FanDuel’s discretion), such as participating in FanDuel marketing photo shoots or interviews with the media, and I agree that my local travel to and from such activities will take place at my own expense and will not count toward the hour total. I agree to be available for these marketing-related activities from 30 days before the WFFC Final until 90 days after it. If I win first, second or third place in the WFFC Final, the total hours for these activities will be 30. Otherwise, the total hours will be 5.
- During the night of the WFFC Final and at the party the night before the WFFC Final, I will not participate in any promotional or marketing-related activities for other daily fantasy websites.
- I agree that FanDuel and its service providers may use my name, any biographical information that I provide to FanDuel, image, likeness, photo, and voice for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes before and after the WFFC Final without additional notice or compensation.
- FanDuel and its service providers may photograph, film, videotape, record and/or portray my name, voice, portrayal, actions and/or likeness in connection with the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility (“Images”). I grant FanDuel ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, and in conjunction with any biographical information that I have provided to FanDuel, or without any such biographical information in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel and its service providers and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.